THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Bluetooth Streaming?

03-13-2016, 07:06 PM   #1
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Bluetooth Streaming?

I am looking at moving from my E90 to an M235i. I know in the US they have made bluetooth streaming standard for 2016. The car I am looking at would include both the Premium and Executive packages (and the HK audio). I am assuming that it would have bluetooth audio streaming ... does someone know for sure about it being standard now in Canada as well?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 08:02 PM   #2
Total madness
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i EB2

My 2014, with premium and connected drive can do wireless streaming.

Hope this help OP
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 08:05 PM   #3
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep

Thanks. Not sure if Connected will be in the particular option package on what I wind up buying. if it is, guess I'm good ... if not, hope someone else might be able to answer.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 12:47 AM   #4
Abstraction
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 228i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
I am looking at moving from my E90 to an M235i. I know in the US they have made bluetooth streaming standard for 2016. The car I am looking at would include both the Premium and Executive packages (and the HK audio). I am assuming that it would have bluetooth audio streaming ... does someone know for sure about it being standard now in Canada as well?
I believe Bluetooth audio streaming is now standard since 2015(?), there are a few other bluetooth options (email/text on screen, etc) that are only available with the Enhanced Bluetooth (6NS option, which can be coded, i believe).
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 06:41 PM   #5
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstraction View Post
I believe Bluetooth audio streaming is now standard since 2015(?), there are a few other bluetooth options (email/text on screen, etc) that are only available with the Enhanced Bluetooth (6NS option, which can be coded, i believe).
If it's not standard It can be coded. I had it done for our 2016 X5. My guy is coding all this when the 235 comes in:

Fold Mirrors with comfort Access or key fob
Roll up windows with comfort access or key fob
Enable Video in Motion
Enable all codecs for USB video
Turn off iDrive legal disclaimer
Turn off legal disclaimer for backup Cam
Enable Mobile Office
Enable Telephone 2 functionality
Unlock doors when engine is turned off
Enable Anti Dazzle High Beam Assist
Enable Variable Light Distribution
Have door handles light up when reversing
Digital Speedometer on instrument cluster
M Boot screen on iDrive
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 03:19 PM   #6
ckfraser
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i (MR)

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
If you're looking in the used market, the '14s didn't have it standard. I don't have any of the tech options, and there isn't bluetooth audio.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 03:56 PM   #7
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep

Thanks ... I have checked at the dealership and it is standard (I tested my phone with a base version).

That said, I would have some of the other coding done but I don't know of anyone in the GVA who does coding for 2-series.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:10 PM   #8
F22N20
Registered
Rep
Drives: 228i

Related to this thread: are any of you having issues with Bluetooth streaming audio from an iPhone?

It's been working fine but recently, the iDrive display will take a long while to load playlists. If they do decide to load, starting playback may or may not work at all or I have to start playback from the phone itself.

Skipping tracks using the thumb wheel controller on the steering wheel also doesn't work anymore. The display in the instrument cluster will show the next few tracks but selecting anything simply stops playback.

I've tried unpairing and pairing back again. Nothing drastic has changed on my iPhone, running the latest version of iOS 9.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 01:45 PM   #9
JChristie
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F22N20 View Post
Related to this thread: are any of you having issues with Bluetooth streaming audio from an iPhone?

It's been working fine but recently, the iDrive display will take a long while to load playlists. If they do decide to load, starting playback may or may not work at all or I have to start playback from the phone itself.

Skipping tracks using the thumb wheel controller on the steering wheel also doesn't work anymore. The display in the instrument cluster will show the next few tracks but selecting anything simply stops playback.

I've tried unpairing and pairing back again. Nothing drastic has changed on my iPhone, running the latest version of iOS 9.
I've experienced the same issues from time to time. A hard reset of the iPhone (hold home and power button until it resets) has always fixed the issue for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 08:32 PM   #10
ai388
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

I believe it is standard, especially if you have the infotainment system or navigation.

By the way, there is a guy from Vancouver that does coding for all F-cars. I've done it twice through him and sent him a few referrals - PM timbits93
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 08:50 PM   #11
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai388 View Post

By the way, there is a guy from Vancouver that does coding for all F-cars. I've done it twice through him and sent him a few referrals - PM timbits93
Awesome ... great to know. It can be so hard to find a coder who knows what they're doing around here. Thanks!
Appreciate 0