THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums AUSTRALIA new Owner & some thoughts so far.

03-29-2016, 05:34 AM   #1
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: EB 2016 M235i

Hey Guys,

So I finally picked up my M235i last week from BMW Sydney.

EB
Oyster
M Performance Front Splitter
M Performance Grills Black
Hexagon Interior.
comfort package
Carbon Fibre Mirrors (Fitted)
Carbon Firbe Spoiler (Not Fitted)
Carbon Fibre Diffuser (Not Fitted)

$73000 + stamp duty + extended warranty

Initial thoughts so far:

So I drove Sydney to Canberra then onto Melbourne a few days after. 2 parking tickets and 1 speeding fine later I had just clicked over 1800ks and boy it really is 1 hell of a car.

I thought mid way through my order maybe I had made the wrong choice with Oyster, but after spending some time already in the car I can say I wouldn't change it for the world. Yes, dye from your clothes will appear quickly, however if your quick to wipe it off you really cant go wrong. I worked at an automotive upholstery shop for a number of years and some water and a cloth = no dramas. The leather is soft and the hexagon finish I feel sets it off nicely, however Ill be covering all of them with alcantara next week.

Performance wise, the car goes. Im impressed by the different modes and how you can go from silent to deadly in a press of a button. It feels like im driving a go kart, a very fast one at that.

I did think however in sport mode it would be slightly louder note to the exhaust and the turbo spool would be noticeable.

1 thing ive noticed and it might be just me but when in eco mode, the car doesn't know if it wants to be in 7th or 8th gear.

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 06:58 AM   #2
omega145
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 Xdrive

Beautiful car, congrats and good luck. Wow, $73000?!?!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 08:25 AM   #3
terminator335i
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

Congrats Amack.
So she finally came!
I was looking at one when it first came out a couple of years back but they were asking 90k with no extras like comfort access, sunroof or camera!!! So you got a great deal mate.
Im sure you got plans to dress her up and tune it, good luck.
If you wanna take her out and enjoy a good spirited driving day, we are doing a Cruise
and Go Kart fun day on 10th April. There will be around 20 of us with three from sydney and ACT coming down to join us.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 08:54 AM   #4
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega145 View Post
Beautiful car, congrats and good luck. Wow, $73000?!?!
Pretty sure he means Australian $$, about $.75US.
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2016, 10:16 AM   #5
omega145
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
Pretty sure he means Australian $$, about $.75US.
Thanks, I didn't even realize that. Looks like that would mean about $55K USD which makes much more sense.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 03:02 PM   #6
2er
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Wow.. $73k. Feeling somewhat ripped off as I paid $80k DA in Jan this year and thought that was a good deal !

And from Rushcutters too. I find their prices normally to be the worst

Well done
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 06:43 PM   #7
Wasko
Private
Australia
Rep

That's a great deal, you must have used the Jedi mind trick.

Keep us posted on how the Alcantara goes, I've been slowly covering my interior bits with this as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 12:38 AM   #8
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator335i View Post
Congrats Amack.
So she finally came!
I was looking at one when it first came out a couple of years back but they were asking 90k with no extras like comfort access, sunroof or camera!!! So you got a great deal mate.
If you wanna take her out and enjoy a good spirited driving day, we are doing a Cruise
and Go Kart fun day on 10th April. There will be around 20 of us with three from sydney and ACT coming down to join us.
Yea there was a fair bit of negotiation but BMW Sydney came to the table and with some outstanding customer server as well.

Arh sounds like fun, hit me up some details might be able to make it!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 01:27 AM   #9
2er
Private
Rep

I bought 2 cars from BMW Sydney and always found them to be the biggest PITA to deal with. Even with the latest purchase, I gave them a shot. They always start off with a really inflated price ( mid 90's in this case ) - and the negotiations seem to go on forever. So good for you if you managed to screw them down.

They even offered me BMW finance at 6.2% ! I eventually got this via another source for 5.09% ( still BMW finance ). Dwyer's did give me $32.500 as a trade on my 5.5 yo old 135i which I thought was OK. I was more focused on the change over cost and the cost of finance.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 02:22 AM   #10
Wasko
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2er View Post
I bought 2 cars from BMW Sydney and always found them to be the biggest PITA to deal with. Even with the latest purchase, I gave them a shot. They always start off with a really inflated price ( mid 90's in this case ) - and the negotiations seem to go on forever. So good for you if you managed to screw them down.

They even offered me BMW finance at 6.2% ! I eventually got this via another source for 5.09% ( still BMW finance ). Dwyer's did give me $32.500 as a trade on my 5.5 yo old 135i which I thought was OK. I was more focused on the change over cost and the cost of finance.
You have no idea how angry your post made me! After haggling for hours over the price of the car I didn't even think to haggle the interest rate. I am paying a ridiculous interest rate compared to you. Even a quick check of competitor rates online showed a massive discount to what I am paying.

Tried calling my BMW dealer but they were shut. Sent them an email to give them a piece of my mind Unless they pull a rabbit out of their hat I am refinancing elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 02:26 AM   #11
2er
Private
Rep

Mate, if they let you down - let me know. I am a Mortgage Broker and might be able to get that rate for you - however, might be a challenge given that you are with BMW finance. Will certainly have a look for you.

I actually do not like the Finance Manager over there. S.R. are his initials if memory serves me correctly. He lost the deal for them as soon as he offered 6.2%. That's when the negotiations ceased. Dwyers offered something like 5.3% straight off the bat.
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2016, 06:23 AM   #12
terminator335i
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amack
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator335i View Post
Congrats Amack.
So she finally came!
Yea there was a fair bit of negotiation but BMW Sydney came to the table and with some outstanding customer server as well.

Arh sounds like fun, hit me up some details might be able to make it!
Here you go:
Philip Island Cruise and Go Kart meet - 10 April http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1232403

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 06:31 AM   #13
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasko View Post
That's a great deal, you must have used the Jedi mind trick.

Keep us posted on how the Alcantara goes, I've been slowly covering my interior bits with this as well.
haha, I think they jedi mind tricked me into the extended warranty tho and a few other goodies.

Well Im torn at the moment if I should cover the door pull bits as well as all the standard hexagon console parts. I will prob end up door the gear boot as well. I think it will look strange tho having the lone hexagon piece on the doors and no where else.

With the oyster, I feel its a gamble any ways but im hoping it will look fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 06:57 AM   #14
Wasko
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amack View Post
haha, I think they jedi mind tricked me into the extended warranty tho and a few other goodies.

Well Im torn at the moment if I should cover the door pull bits as well as all the standard hexagon console parts. I will prob end up door the gear boot as well. I think it will look strange tho having the lone hexagon piece on the doors and no where else.

With the oyster, I feel its a gamble any ways but im hoping it will look fantastic.
Hmm what colour alcantara are you thinking of using? I've done my door pulls (for the same reason you wrote), happy to take a pic for you if it helps but my interior is black.

Are you auto or manual?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 07:07 AM   #15
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasko
Quote:

Hmm what colour alcantara are you thinking of using? I've done my door pulls (for the same reason you wrote), happy to take a pic for you if it helps but my interior is black.

Are you auto or manual?
auto, charcoal alcantara. i assume its the same as ur charcoal, i havent actually seen it yet tho.

yea would love to check out the door handles. are you going to do the hand break boot and any other peices. I like that u did the gear surround.

i also like the white stich on the console. you have me thinking i should also do something unqiue like that just have to come up with a patten
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 07:19 AM   #16
Wasko
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
auto, charcoal alcantara. i assume its the same as ur charcoal, i havent actually seen it yet tho.

yea would love to check out the door handles. are you going to do the hand break boot and any other peices. I like that u did the gear surround.

i also like the white stich on the console. you have me thinking i should also do something unqiue like that just have to come up with a patten

Here is a pic I found of an M235i with oyster and a dark handle:

I think the colour will work as the charcoal alcantara is almost black. If there was even a touch more grey in it though I would think there are too many colours being introduced around the door. You can always just go with black alcantara to be safe

I looked at the boot for the auto shifter, what a pain in the rear that looks to get done. It's connected to both the bottom of the gear stick and the shift module. Check the link below.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=25_0519
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 07:59 AM   #17
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2er

Very nice car sir!

I don't wanna derail the thread but if you guys think thats cheap... Give it some time after the M2 release (Next Month) :/
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2016, 08:32 AM   #18
Knightelf
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Congrats on the car, always good to see new owners.

Hopefully more people join the forum as the car gets a bit cheaper. It's getting a bit too quiet here.

Build thread: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1149793
Appreciate 2
      03-30-2016, 09:39 AM   #19
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightelf View Post
Congrats on the car, always good to see new owners.

Hopefully more people join the forum as the car gets a bit cheaper. It's getting a bit too quiet here.
There's alot of 2ers getting around ive seen lately...

Alot of 228's :/
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 02:31 PM   #20
2er
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Banger View Post
Very nice car sir!

I don't wanna derail the thread but if you guys think thats cheap... Give it some time after the M2 release (Next Month) :/
On the auto's / DCT - there is already a 40% premium M2 over M235. That's a fair bit. If you don't track your car, it's a lot to pay for a M version.

I work from home, and only rack up 4,000 K's per year. While I can easily afford the difference, I couldn't justify it. Especially as I don't track. The way I look at it for the type of driving I do, a M235 with a tune will give me 99% the fun of a M2 for 68% of the cost. Owned a E46 M3 in the past, and I get the reason why people want them from an aspiration point of view - but me the M235 is a great package and I don't see why BMW would need to discount much further. Not much comp in mid 70 DA
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2016, 09:46 PM   #21
Wasko
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2er View Post
Mate, if they let you down - let me know. I am a Mortgage Broker and might be able to get that rate for you - however, might be a challenge given that you are with BMW finance. Will certainly have a look for you.

I actually do not like the Finance Manager over there. S.R. are his initials if memory serves me correctly. He lost the deal for them as soon as he offered 6.2%. That's when the negotiations ceased. Dwyers offered something like 5.3% straight off the bat.
I contacted the bank I work for and they offered me a staff rate of 4.65% with no establishment fee. Nearly half what I am currently being charged!

If it wasn't for your post I would still be sitting here getting screwed, so thank you!!! More money for mods
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 01:17 AM   #22
2er
Private
Rep

Man, they were more than ripping you off if they were charging you almost twice of 4.65%

That's criminal.

Dislike Rushcutters with a passion.
Appreciate 0