E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > DTUK crd2+ maps and settings

04-02-2016, 05:26 PM   #1
chuddy23
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d se lci

DTUK crd2+ maps and settings

Hi guys.

I've just fitted a dtuk crd2+ box on my 320d 177 lci and just wondered if anyone knew the default map and settings they would normally come on that's safe for dpf? As this is a used box.

Also if anyone has any recommendation on which map to use and the differences as it seems to be the same until around 2k rpm and then there seems to be a huge lag followed by increase in power. Where as I had no lag previously.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 01:27 AM   #2
Calluhan
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 640D Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuddy23 View Post
Hi guys.

I've just fitted a dtuk crd2+ box on my 320d 177 lci and just wondered if anyone knew the default map and settings they would normally come on that's safe for dpf? As this is a used box.

Also if anyone has any recommendation on which map to use and the differences as it seems to be the same until around 2k rpm and then there seems to be a huge lag followed by increase in power. Where as I had no lag previously.

Thanks
Hi chuddy I have a CRD2+ box on my 335D.

Setting 1 is the default setting however the setting variables are there to match the box to your particular car. As this is a used box are you sure it is the correct model for your engine?

If so I would start at setting 1 and try all settings in turn to find which one bests suits your car

Hope that helps mate.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
chuddy23
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d se lci

Thanks for the reply calluhan.

I bought the box off a guy who had it on the same engine, the 177. To be fair it seems to have settled somewhat now. Maybe needed to bed in? Currently have it on map2+1

Do you still have dpf on mate? And have you had any problems at all?

Expected a little more from it tbh based on the reviews people give it for the 320d. Dunno what I expect from a 4 pot 2.0 though lol. Suppose it's all relative though as I'm used to riding a fireblade... deffinately added torque but just some people on the forums imply it's a 330 beater once boxed, which certainly it is not imo
Appreciate 0