E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > ABC wire harnesses delete/hoses?

04-16-2016, 12:05 PM   #1
JOHNNYBRAVO1
NY BRAVEST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Monaco blue, 335D

ABC wire harnesses delete/hoses?

Now that everything is deleted and BPC tuned are you guys just tucking away and zip tieing or ripping out the DPF/ exhaust harnesses and urea tank hoses. I know the 02 sensor and EGT sensors stay on the down pipe. These are the wires from the DPF. I'm guessing I need to trace back and remove. There's 1- 02 sensor that's hooked up near the fuel filter and some other plug? Does that block get removed also? Did any one remove those 2 near the filter?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 01:33 PM   #2
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Both NOX sensors removed and bagged up. DEF metering valve electrically disconnected but still bolted on. I have downpipe that mounts it so gotta keep it on to seal up down pipe. I need to make a block off plate. I digress. The inlet urea to metering module is also disconnected. I tried to fish the urea line through the chassis but it got into too much disassembly as I worked my way aft. There was no way I way dropping the fuel tank to continue the removal. So I stopped and put line back. I do have both ends of urea line bagged/taped to keep FOD out. All of the tank stuff out back has been removed. Spare tire resides there now.

The aft NOX sensor electronics box mounts right by fuel filter and it connects to harness there too. As I said above, it's removed. I bagged that connector too.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 05:09 PM   #3
JOHNNYBRAVO1
NY BRAVEST
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
Both NOX sensors removed and bagged up. DEF metering valve electrically disconnected but still bolted on. I have downpipe that mounts it so gotta keep it on to seal up down pipe. I need to make a block off plate. I digress. The inlet urea to metering module is also disconnected. I tried to fish the urea line through the chassis but it got into too much disassembly as I worked my way aft. There was no way I way dropping the fuel tank to continue the removal. So I stopped and put line back. I do have both ends of urea line bagged/taped to keep FOD out. All of the tank stuff out back has been removed. Spare tire resides there now.

The aft NOX sensor electronics box mounts right by fuel filter and it connects to harness there too. As I said above, it's removed. I bagged that connector too.
Thanks again like always. Good thing you brought up the urea hose. I traced it back above the mufflers, and just thought this thing never ends. What's the best way to drain the urea fluid out of the tank? Did you remove your 3 fuses for the urea? So all those connectors and wires in the pic except that big black 1 on the left going to the urea tank can be removed.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 09:55 PM   #4
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

I only removed 2 fuses. 1 by ECU and other inside glovebox. You should go by what your tuner says. That's what I did
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 11:56 PM   #5
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

My NOx sensors and their respective control units have been fully removed and my urea tank all the transfer pump module, etc is in storage.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2016, 12:27 AM   #6
335dlci
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

What are you guys using to cover the open connectors from the elements?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2016, 07:25 AM   #7
JOHNNYBRAVO1
NY BRAVEST
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dlci View Post
What are you guys using to cover the open connectors from the elements?
I've been told by some to either remove the harnesses completely or tuck them up with zip ties and cover the socket openings... im really leaning towards just eliminateing all the plugs and harnesses going to the old dpf/ and urea. I'm still putting my whole car back together after the damn CBU cleaning PITA and also the AEM meth hookups. Is there a write up on removing the complete urea set up/ tanks/ pump. Bob at BPC said to just drain the urea and fill with RV antifreeze water. But in i see in his thread he explains to just take out the 3 fuses.. Im worried that after I get the car all buttoned up woth the DDE IN and ready to start I'll get a Christmas tree bunch of lights. I'd rather remove anything that's not got power to it and coded out. Thankyou for all the helpfull comments. Wife's bitching about the car still being jacked up. Typical woman.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 10:12 PM   #8
MR OHNOZ
Rep
Drives: 335i Sport 2007, 335d 2011

This is exactly the info I need. Thanks so much.
Appreciate 0