E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Track day vids, camera position on the front a bit low!

05-16-2016, 04:15 PM   #1
Grazy_87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 335d

Track day vids, camera position on the front a bit low!

A few vids of my last track session before I head off to the Nurburgring in June, was a bit of a shakedown of the car really as had a few problems with oil / coolant temps last time, which have improved a lot since deleting the air-con. suspension set up is a lot betting now, managed to embarrass a lot of fast cars which is always fun in a diesel wagon.

All comments welcome.

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 06:26 PM   #2
charlie fairmont
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: His & hers, GC & X5

Nice! Even looking out the back you could tell you had some nice lines.

Good luck at the 'Ring! That place is at the top of my "someday..." list. Have you been there before?

So the removal of the a/c got you where you needed to get, temp wise? Love to hear more
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 02:24 AM   #3
Grazy_87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie fairmont View Post
Nice! Even looking out the back you could tell you had some nice lines.

Good luck at the 'Ring! That place is at the top of my "someday..." list. Have you been there before?

So the removal of the a/c got you where you needed to get, temp wise? Love to hear more
Cheers dude, yeah removal of the aircon brought the temps down significantly. However towards the end of the sessions the oil temps were hitting 110 degree C, so there is still room for improvement as the ECU seems to cut the power when it deems the car is too hot. I am trying to get a blank made to delete the water / oil cooler and fit a big Mocal one at the front. I am hoping I can do a full lap of the ring without worrying about temps as it takes a good 15 minutes of hard driving to get the temps to a point where I need to back off. I will sort the cameras out before I go to the ring as Id like to get some decent footage. This will be my first time there as a driver so I will not be chasing lap times.....well trying not to lol.
Appreciate 0