E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > CEL 004804

05-25-2016, 10:00 PM   #1
boom
My X5d tows my spec miata to the track.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 35d

CEL 004804

So I got a persistent CEL with this code for several days. The BMWhat app states, " reducing agent no reducing agent pressure buildup possible." Fearing the worst I was looking into deleting all of my SCR system, getting a tune, and rolling coal. I was tired of all of the issues with the DEF system and have spent lots of money to replace and repair that system. As a last ditch effort I decided to see if I could clear the clog just by diluting the DEF. To that end I added a gallon of distilled water to the active tank. The system seems to have unclogged and the CEL went away. Seems everything is functioning properly for over 100 mi and 5 starts. Just thought I'd pass this information along.
Appreciate 0