E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Port Meth Inj- DISCUSS

05-29-2016, 01:54 PM   #1
Bmwfixerguy
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 335i 6sp

Port Meth Inj- DISCUSS

So I have had a few hours without the baby and the internal part of me that thinks he's an engineer with some espresso in him is slowly coming out while I have time to think....
Anyways the current thoughts.. Individual port meth injection what else duhhhh...

My thoughts-
-adapt and use a PI manifold plate for individual port meth injection
-my reason for consideration, more equal and safer cyl distrabution.. If I want to make power where I live (South Jersey) I have to use meth (which I have an unlimited supply of for free, bmw washer concentrate 98.9 percent meth) as I have no availabily of E85 in the state.

My concerns-
-when using individual port meth injection vs charge pipe set up how are fueling and timing calculated as my impresion was always that. CP set up used the TMAP sensor and relied more on that than the O2's (i could be very wrong in all this)

My "plan"-
Create my own Port Meth injection system via a PI sandwich plate, the system would be a two part meth system. It would utilize a port injection with six individual nozzles spraying a 100 percent meth mix.. It would then use an identical tank and pump system to spray into lower intercooler pipe as well as the charge pipe (2 nozzles total prob a Devils own 3 and 5 to start)

This has been my thought for about an hour lol, I put it into text to discuss with like minds and I don't need a verbal bashing about this or that will never work.. It's been a one hour thought that I would like to discuss so don't be a jerk wod!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 03:20 PM   #2
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i

You'll want to the use the meth plate plus have a small nozzle on your chargepipe for IAT suppression. The great thing about a meth plate is you'll get equal distribution unlike the chargepipe location. I'm looking forward to some results once people start running this. I personally prefer PI and straight E85 because of its convenience but I think the Meth plate is a great solution for those who don't have access to E85.
      05-29-2016, 04:03 PM   #3
Bmwfixerguy
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N View Post
You'll want to the use the meth plate plus have a small nozzle on your chargepipe for IAT suppression. The great thing about a meth plate is you'll get equal distribution unlike the chargepipe location. I'm looking forward to some results once people start running this. I personally prefer PI and straight E85 because of its convenience but I think the Meth plate is a great solution for those who don't have access to E85.
Thanks for the POSITIVE reply.. And I must say I agree with what you said exactly. I may be wrong and the ideal would be to run e85 and meth but for some it's just not practical at that point it would probably be cheaper to drive 5 mins for race fuel vs 2 hours for e85 lol
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 04:45 PM   #4
Bmwfixerguy
Banned
Rep

Bump for some info

Links

Expirience

Prodjects

Findings
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 05:01 PM   #5
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwfixerguy View Post
Bump for some info

Links

Expirience

Prodjects

Findings
You need to link up with Chris (3KGT), he's one of the most knowledgeable and helpful members in the N54 community. I'd vouch for him 200% - he's in the process of gaming out a proper port injected methanol setup. That's exactly what you need.

IF done properly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with using meth to provide addtl. fuel and octane. Problems arise when people just start dumping it in the chargepiping thru crappy valves. Distribution has to be spot on; which it will be with a proper plate, spray angle, etc.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 05:35 PM   #6
Bmwfixerguy
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
You need to link up with Chris (3KGT), he's one of the most knowledgeable and helpful members in the N54 community. I'd vouch for him 200% - he's in the process of gaming out a proper port injected methanol setup. That's exactly what you need.

IF done properly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with using meth to provide addtl. fuel and octane. Problems arise when people just start dumping it in the chargepiping thru crappy valves. Distribution has to be spot on; which it will be with a proper plate, spray angle, etc.
Thanks so much for the reply! I have read quite a bit of his prodjects! I read where he tapped the runners and then added some smaller nozzles in the CP for the t map to read and to get some chemical cooling

The last post I read of his was the project he had and him wrecking the car :/

I guess the real puzzling part for me "due to lack of knowledge" with meth and how it gets tuned for is....I was always under the impression that in the charge pipe it's "tricking" the t map.. Fro.cthat point dme say yes more boost is cool and timing as well.. Then o2s read it as fuel and cut back on fuel demand.. Basically I just don't understand the tunin.. If I understand the tuning I can build accordingly ECT...

Once again thanks and direction!!
Appreciate 0