E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > P200A Code After Intercooler Install?

06-07-2016, 10:29 PM   #1
jbenson4
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [0.00]
P200A Code After Intercooler Install?

Since swapping to the VRSF intercooler kit iaknown put together (excellent set up btw), I had a P200A code come up (Intake Manifold Runner Performance Bank 1). Looking online has yielded minimal results or solutions. From what I have gathered, it is a swirl flap issue. I figure one of three things might have happened:

1. During my install I inadvertently bumped/loosened/broke a cable/connector relating to swirl flaps
or
2. Something is obstructing the actuators from functioning properly, possibly from foreign materials introduced into the airflow from install (I am 99% positive the intercooler had nothing in it before installing)
or
3. CBU interfering with the swirl flaps, rearing its head coincidentally after this install?

Other forums mention EGR causes or Excessive Air Intake Temperature, mind you that's for other vehicles.

I'd like to have some sort of idea of potential issues/solutions before the last case scenario of bringing it to the dealership and having them, on my dime, replace a bunch of parts that don't fix this code.

Any help from you guys is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 11:13 PM   #2
Elastokinematic
Rep
Drives: Lemans blue m-sport

Reinstall factory components. Check all connectors for tight fit. Check all pipe connections for tightness.

Do 2 of those things. Resort to third option when all else fails. Then bring to dealer. Make sure to tell the service advisor what you did. It could save some diag time.

Question: is the temp gauge on cluster(kombi) correct compared to ambient temp?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 11:51 PM   #3
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

Anything that you have touched, could possibly have a contributory effect. IAT is a good candidate. If you do indeed have CBU, your car has slowly adapted to the reduced airflow and now with a significant pressure drop in the intake system, you are out of range.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2016, 01:57 AM   #4
jbenson4
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elastokinematic View Post
Reinstall factory components. Check all connectors for tight fit. Check all pipe connections for tightness.

Do 2 of those things. Resort to third option when all else fails. Then bring to dealer. Make sure to tell the service advisor what you did. It could save some diag time.

Question: is the temp gauge on cluster(kombi) correct compared to ambient temp?
The temperature on the kombi is correct. According to Torque, the ambient air temp, intake air temp, and charge air cooler temp are all within 10°F of each other. Not sure what the previous temps were before the install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozh View Post
Anything that you have touched, could possibly have a contributory effect. IAT is a good candidate. If you do indeed have CBU, your car has slowly adapted to the reduced airflow and now with a significant pressure drop in the intake system, you are out of range.
Would continuing to drive eventually reset those values, or would they need to be manually reset? I'm going for a long drive down to Seattle tomorrow so we'll see if that changes anything. I've only had city driving since the install.
Appreciate 0