XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-19-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Bustin At The Seams

These lines of X6's seem to get longer each time I drive by this gate.I'm guessing the paved storage area's that cars were parked on previously,are now under construction w/ the plant expansion.I looked at these pic's closer,and it looks like they are all Vermilion Red or Tasman Metallic???!!! Maybe they sort and store them by color It looks like production is cranked up! Thanks. PalBay
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 12:08 AM   #2
branko
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d, X6 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
These lines of X6's seem to get longer each time I drive by this gate.I'm guessing the paved storage area's that cars were parked on previously,are now under construction w/ the plant expansion.I looked at these pic's closer,and it looks like they are all Vermilion Red or Tasman Metallic???!!! Maybe they sort and store them by color It looks like production is cranked up! Thanks. PalBay
Maybe I should change my order to Vermillion Red or Tasman, just to be sure to get it quick

Are you aware of any other color lines ?

Thanks for the photo, always looking forward to see your pics !

Branko
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 12:12 AM   #3
BMWMC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 528i Sedan and X5 4.8i SAV

Branko, this beast looks good in every color.

Alpine WHite / jet Black / Monaco Blue / Deep Sea Blue / Space gray / or Titanium Silver !!
Personal--> '09 Nissan Maxima 3.5SV - Winter Frost / Charcoal
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 09:06 AM   #4
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep

X6 Colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by branko View Post
Maybe I should change my order to Vermillion Red or Tasman, just to be sure to get it quick

Are you aware of any other color lines ?

Thanks for the photo, always looking forward to see your pics !

Branko
I appreciate the nice comments! I've seen alot of Vermilion Red,Tasman Metallic,Alpine White,Titanium Silver,Space Gray and Black(not sure if it's Jet Black or Black Sapphire),I'm not sure I can tell the difference in those two.Those are the most dominant colors I've spotted in storage areas etc.I spotted an X6 in Mineral Silver in bright sunshine earlier in the X6's development.That color looked awesome in the sunshine!!! It's the only Mineral Silver I've seen since.Thanks. PalBay
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 09:11 AM   #5
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Presumably those are all for export, since they are parked in a Foreign Trade zone. I can't see which side the steering is on.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 09:21 AM   #6
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep

X6's in Storage Yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post
Presumably those are all for export, since they are parked in a Foreign Trade zone. I can't see which side the steering is on.
Yes, someone mentioned these are heading by train to somewhere in the US or Canada.In one of the pic's you can actually see the railcars.Thanks. PalBay
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 01:09 PM   #7
John
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

dont see many light colors there... they still all look great

E90post Project 325i

www.creativeautoworks.com
James@creativeautoworks.com
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 03:06 PM   #8
Mr.Marvelous
the name says it all...
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 320i Sport Line

Dark colors are more popular in SUV s... The most selling color worldwide is Black and Grey...

But Id prefer red or a light color just to be unique on the street
      03-20-2008, 03:45 PM   #9
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Marvelous View Post
The most selling color worldwide is Black and Grey...
Apparently the hot color of the moment is white. My dealer says that in the last few months he has sold almost as many white vehicles as all other colors combined. And I notice BMW is advertising the new M3 in white. I always thought white was reserved for cops and rental cars.

Cadillac and Audi make the best whites IMO, a pearlescent almost-cream color that looks incredible when clean. Cadillac charges an extra $1,000 for it. Personally I'm more of a red or silver/metallic-grey kind of guy. But I haven't seen a color yet that the X6 doesn't look good in.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 06:07 PM   #10
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep

White

Quote:
Apparently the hot color of the moment is white. My dealer says that in the last few months he has sold almost as many white vehicles as all other colors combined. And I notice BMW is advertising the new M3 in white. I always thought white was reserved for cops and rental cars.

Cadillac and Audi make the best whites IMO, a pearlescent almost-cream color that looks incredible when clean. Cadillac charges an extra $1,000 for it. Personally I'm more of a red or silver/metallic-grey kind of guy. But I haven't seen a color yet that the X6 doesn't look good in.
I'm w/ you on the white.Apparently its a very popular color w/ the public.I had a Lexus dealer tell me white outsells any other Lexus color by a 2 to 1 ratio My Audi was white,not by choice,it had everything else I wanted,save the color.I guess you get use to it.Won't be on my order form.Thanks.PalBay
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 06:50 PM   #11
morty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 xDrive50i

Funny you mention the mineral silver Palbay; that's the one i'm most interested in seeing. I could easily go another titanium silver, but from the limited swatches i've see, the mineral silver does look interesting. I'd really appreciate any photos you could snag; should you find your lens focused on a car with that color!! Cheers...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 07:22 PM   #12
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep

Mineral Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by morty View Post
Funny you mention the mineral silver Palbay; that's the one i'm most interested in seeing. I could easily go another titanium silver, but from the limited swatches i've see, the mineral silver does look interesting. I'd really appreciate any photos you could snag; should you find your lens focused on a car with that color!! Cheers...
My radar is way up for Mineral Silver.It's strange,saw it once,then no more! Got my eyes peeled.Thanks. PalBay
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 11:10 AM   #13
Mr.Marvelous
the name says it all...
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 320i Sport Line

Quote:

white has become very popular that is true, however white car sells are still no match for black and gray sales...