E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Pulled the trigger on the BSW Ghost subs and Stage One kit

07-18-2016, 09:55 PM   #1
nabeh
Rep
Drives: 2008 335 Vert

Pulled the trigger on the BSW Ghost subs and Stage One kit

Hello everyone! Im new here, but have been on other forums for a while, but I thought id share the news! I decided to buy the Stage One and Ghost subs for my E93 with Logic 7. Did it solely because of the reviews I found on this site! I plan on removing the L7 amp eventually and doing the Mobridge DA3 with some sort of amp setup. Pretty excited!!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:44 PM   #2
mrhlynnu
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335I

Let us know how it works out, I have been thinking about the same upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 03:51 PM   #3
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e93 alpine white

we removed a lot of bavsound stuff because it just wasn't up to customer expectations. they usually go with JEHNERT.
iPhone 6 Plus (iTunes library/iTunes radio/Waze, etc) to Airport Express via AirPlay. Toslink out of Airport Express to Helix P-Six DSP. PHD AF 1.C tweeters, PHD FB 4.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-bass'.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 03:57 PM   #4
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Also where are those reviews you are talking about?

There are some quite extended reviews on that subject
dating back from years ago.

You need to read deeper before making this choice.
Its really hard to get real world comparisons on this stuff
since you can't demo it anywhere.

Anything you do will be dependent on which of the systems
you start with.

Last edited by ctuna; 07-19-2016 at 04:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 06:18 PM   #5
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathematics View Post
we removed a lot of bavsound stuff because it just wasn't up to customer expectations. they usually go with JEHNERT.
Yup, indeed.

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 06:20 PM   #6
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
There are some quite extended reviews on that subject
dating back from years ago.

You need to read deeper before making this choice.
Its really hard to get real world comparisons on this stuff
since you can't demo it anywhere.

Anything you do will be dependent on which of the systems
you start with.
Couldn't agree more and also quite curious about the reviews he mentioned as well. Almost seems like a solicitation here.

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 07:51 AM   #7
nabeh
Rep

I read reviews from here, granted years ago, and also from other forums. I think the the most recent one was some time last year. I chose them because they offer a 30 day no questions asked return, which means if I decided to buy jehnert products or mb quart or someone else I can do that without having to worry about losing money. And I don't know about solicitations. But hey, thanks for the encouragement and advice!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 07:59 AM   #8
nabeh
Rep

And out of curiosity how much does a full jehnert system for the Logic 7 speakers cost? Ive read that 6spdcoupe is the goto for the jehnert setups.

Last edited by nabeh; 07-20-2016 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 04:37 PM   #9
stylin20
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

Well, I did the same as you. Stage one Kit, Ghost Subs. I have an E92 that had the HiFi sound system. At first just had subs, improvement. Then got Stage one kit. More of an improvement. Then got Bimmertech Amp. HUGE improvement.

Now granted that alot of you are looking for Bass kicking sound. You won't get that with this set up as you don't really have a Sub Woofer. You have 8" ghost subs that produce more of a punchy mid bass. Snare drums, kick drums sound great.

Just recently added a subwoofer box and amp. My system is now complete. It pumps and thumps. Got a Bassworx sealed box. Hertz 250D 10" sub (dual voice coil) Hertz HCP 1D amp.

As I have said before in other threads. Bavsound speakers may be a little more expensive for what you get. But to be plug and play and install for the speakers took no longer than about 2 hours for doors and floor subs. It's a pretty great sounding system. Now with the addition of a sub that goes fairly low, I'm happy.

BTW, I used to work in a car audio shop back in the late 80's early 90's and had a friends car that took a few trophies in sound off's back then. Even had his car in Car Audio magazine.

Any questions, fire away.

Stylin20
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 07:29 PM   #10
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

The thing is there are many plug and play kits now

The thing is there are many plug and play kits now
and some of them are more high end for the same price
and more able to handle the power of an aftermarket amp
and have actual crossovers for the component sets
Bavsound was really late to the underseat solution
and promised a OEM amp for about a decade and ended
up using the Helix 82 dsp subbed through Bimmertech.
This not to say they are not better than stock its just there
a lot of choices and this seems to be the one that people
see first and usually the don't research mush passed it and
declare victory right away.
I still think they don't publish there specs for power handling.

Last edited by ctuna; 07-20-2016 at 07:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 07:37 PM   #11
DJWabbles
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 318i E90 Sedan 2009

I had always thought about Bavsound but seems a bit too pricey, I went to Helix match speakers and JL XD400/4 amp and now it sounds great!
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2016, 01:51 AM   #12
stylin20
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Yes, to each there own. Some things around here aren't that readily available. Our car audio shops dont have a lot of selection let alone actual item. Special orders with site unseen/unheard. But listened to sales person who had the Bavs and they sounded good. The idea that they fit perfect and there was no jimmying to fit was one of the main reasons for them.

After all this, i'm now just listening to my stereo and not trying to keep on fixing it or trying to make it sound proper. The DSP in the Bimmertech amp is superb. Its the best thing out of the bunch of things I bought. If at the least, get an amp with DSP. I don't know which ones are available but this one is great.

Good luck in your search.

Stylin20
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:02 AM   #13
nabeh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylin20 View Post
Yes, to each there own. Some things around here aren't that readily available. Our car audio shops dont have a lot of selection let alone actual item. Special orders with site unseen/unheard. But listened to sales person who had the Bavs and they sounded good. The idea that they fit perfect and there was no jimmying to fit was one of the main reasons for them.

After all this, i'm now just listening to my stereo and not trying to keep on fixing it or trying to make it sound proper. The DSP in the Bimmertech amp is superb. Its the best thing out of the bunch of things I bought. If at the least, get an amp with DSP. I don't know which ones are available but this one is great.

Good luck in your search.
I should be getting them in the Fedex today! The lack of availability to speak or get other speakers was definitely a huge factor, along with the seamless no bs plug and play.

Which system do you have stylin? The logic 7? I was looking at the Bimmertech DSP and most of the reading ive done hasnt been done in the Logic 7, only the hifi. Car audio is not my area of expertise!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:18 AM   #14
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e93 alpine white

That's bc the PP82 cannot replace the logic 7 amp. To use the PP82 with logic 7, you need either a Mobridge DA, code car to lower level audio, or use the high level outputs of the Logic 7 amp into the PP82.
iPhone 6 Plus (iTunes library/iTunes radio/Waze, etc) to Airport Express via AirPlay. Toslink out of Airport Express to Helix P-Six DSP. PHD AF 1.C tweeters, PHD FB 4.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-bass'.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:48 AM   #15
nabeh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathematics View Post
That's bc the PP82 cannot replace the logic 7 amp. To use the PP82 with logic 7, you need either a Mobridge DA, code car to lower level audio, or use the high level outputs of the Logic 7 amp into the PP82.
Thats what I figured, but it never hurts to ask for confirmation! Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 11:50 PM   #16
stylin20
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Yeah, I have the Hi Fi. So with that amp it was a snap. Just plug and play. No need or line level adapters. Seemless and definitely an improved soundstage. The DSP is awesome. Too bad you have to go through a few loops should you get a Bimmertech amp.

Stylin20
Appreciate 0