E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Technic PnP Harness!

08-12-2016, 08:41 AM   #1
Zomorg3
Rep
Drives: White 2011 BMW 335i xDrive

Technic PnP Harness!

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to quick write something up as I had gotten my 2011 335i Xdrive back in October of last year and since having amps, subs and other equipment out of my old car I caught the mod bug and starting converting stuff over and again making the car to my liking. It still seems like there is come confusion on how to hook up aftermarket amps or convert and upgrade stereo drivers.

Again depending on what you have my review may not apply to you. I have option 676 or tweeters and mids in doors (no center dash speaker) aka Hifi sound package and wanted to go about adding an amp and sub that was now taking up space in my garage. Tried to go about it by getting a remote turn on somewhere in the car (more difficult with LCI 12v outlets are gone besides center console) jaming wires into the back of the connector for the stock amp etc. After messing around for a full weekend I decided to contact Technic at technicpnp.com to order one of his inline adapters and my god was it the easiest thing I've ever done. I wanted to keep it almost stock looking if I decided to take it out.

Technic was amazing in getting back to me after emailing him. I have noticed he no longer visits this forum regularly. HOWEVER, his site and im not sure his sig on the forums here has his email address, email him with questions or concerns and he gets back to you within the hour at least if not quicker. It mailed out and it was packaged very well. Literally took 5 mins to hook his adapter with LOC and took me 1 hour actually start to finish because of a socket that fell in the top right corner of the battery which was an PIA to get thank god for magnets.

The sound quality of his adapter and LOC I was extremely surprised with (came from a LCi2 that had kicked the bucket) and my car now has the lower end to where the under seat mid bass would drop out.

IF you are looking to add a SUB I would highly recommend using his harness. It fits perfectly very good quality equipment and I know its in there correctly and never have to worry about jammed wires coming out or anything i spliced into having issue. Spend the extra couple of dollars, its worth it for a car of this caliber.

So thank you Technic and if anyone here reading has questions or concerns please feel free to PM me or respond here or email me and I'd be glad to help you any way I can.
Appreciate 0