E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Combox Retrofit Harness Question.

08-15-2016, 12:07 AM   #1
BMW_SYNERGY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i LCI

Combox Retrofit Harness Question.

Hey guys. Sorry if this has been discussed before but i couldn't find it through search.

Im making my own tcu to combox harness. I found a DIY link that provided the oem part numbers of Combox connector & socket. With those oem part numbers I was able to get the oem part number to pins as well, so the combox side looks to be squared away.

Moving on to TCU side, I wasnt sure if BMW made an oem connector I could use so I ordered the correct kufatec female connector and sockets off ebay. Now all I'm needing (least i think) is the oem part number of the proper pins on TCU connector side. If you happen to know it that would be great so I could get them ordered through the dealer.

Now, I know the DIY link has a website to order all the pins but it looks like they require a $50 minimum order. No thanks. Besides, I work at the dealer so it makes it easy for me to go straight through them.

I hope I was understandable and any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 02:04 AM   #2
Koolsilver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

I hope it's ok to link other websites

https://www.ecstuning.com/ES164889/
https://www.ecstuning.com/ES2984828/
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 07:18 PM   #3
BMW_SYNERGY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i LCI

Hey Koolsilver. Sorry for the late response, the project has been going slow lol. But I wanted to say thank you! I pretty much have everything except for the pin crimpers and the time & software. Got the combox/connectors/pins/cable. Just need to start digging into the coding threads and learn my way through it.
Appreciate 0