E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Sub to compliment BAV Stage 1

08-25-2016, 04:37 PM   #1
calforhelp
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335is

Sub to compliment BAV Stage 1

I have the factory HK system in my 2011 E93. Swapped all of the speakers for the BAV Sound stage 1 speakers and was blown away with the sound difference. I still have the HK under seat speakers and amp.

I'm looking to add a little more sound on the very low end. I like accurate sound, not looking to rattle the neighbors windows with my bass. I listen to mostly EDM, DJ sets, nothing super bass heavy.

I've considered the ghost system they offer but from reviews I've read it does t look like it's possible to get the really low stuff I'm looking for with speakers in the tiny floor cavity.

Looks like a popular place for a sub in the e93 is in the ski pass, I like that idea. I've read all of the stickies about sound systems, I know how to add one to my current amp with the Technics harness. What I don't know is what subs will compliment the BAV sound speakers and work well where I want to put it.

I'm thinking about the JL 10TW1-2 speaker and JL HX300-1 amp. I'm trying to keep the equipment small as I'm already low on boot space with the methanol tank and roof folded up.

Would that speaker and amp be a good pairing with each other and my current setup?

I would love to make a box like this one.

Last edited by calforhelp; 08-25-2016 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 11:07 AM   #2
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Yes that sub has been used before with an infinite baffle build and done okay. The amp would not be compatible as far as I know. You need an amp that can accept balanced differential inputs. Such as the JL XD series. There is a fantastic thread on here called Audio Table of Contents if you search.
Appreciate 0