E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > My JB2X Dyno

03-29-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

My JB2X Dyno

Well I finally dyno'd my JB2X. I think my car was still adpating as it kept making more power as the dyno's went on. I ran out of time though. All runs were on 92 Oct. My car is 100% stock, only JB2X. The first chart is JB2X at 50% on the dial, no R switch.

The second is JB2X at 100%, no R switch. (disclaimer: Ive had it in for a week, but due to snow and bad weather, I wasnt able to run any WOT runs before the dyno)

I tried the R switch but instantly I got unfavorable AFR (as high as 20:1) so I backed off the run. I guess all you guys running JBHHR need to watch out on 92-93 Oct, you guys are running dangerously lean.

Sorry my scanner broke so I just took pictures of my dyno charts.

EDIT: Added my uncorrected runs just for kicks:
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 12:05 AM   #2
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
do you have a stock dyno? and if you don't let it adapt, you are wasting your dyno money.

OT: are those OEM angel eyes?
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 01:43 AM   #3
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iheLLraiseR View Post
do you have a stock dyno? and if you don't let it adapt, you are wasting your dyno money.

OT: are those OEM angel eyes?
Roger, those are stock.

My baseline best was 279, but that was not on the same dyno. It was a dynojet though. I made my appointment, and I figured I wouldve adapted it after a week, but didnt count on the bad weather (snow on march 24-28 wtf?).
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 07:28 AM   #4
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

What was the ambient temp? The 335 dials DOWN boost to maintain the same HP in colder weather as in hot weather... In 35 degree temps, I only boost 10.8 psi on the JB2X @ 100%... which gets up to 13psi when its warmer. This makes SAE correction WAY off...

you should get all your runs uncorrected, and also get a baseline on the same dyno, same day... that way you can compare absolute gains. Or just bring a USB stick with you, and get the .DRF files, that way you can change corrections values yourself and print off more with the free viewer software.

Also, running 100% on only 92 oct is not advised by BMS... he even only recomments 75% on 93 oct. That, coupled with the fact that you never did any WOT runs to let it adapt, means that your car was probably pulling timing pretty hard on these first runs.

But it looks like you already knew that

Thanks for the dyno's!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 08:53 AM   #5
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
What was the ambient temp? The 335 dials DOWN boost to maintain the same HP in colder weather as in hot weather... In 35 degree temps, I only boost 10.8 psi on the JB2X @ 100%... which gets up to 13psi when its warmer. This makes SAE correction WAY off...

you should get all your runs uncorrected, and also get a baseline on the same dyno, same day... that way you can compare absolute gains. Or just bring a USB stick with you, and get the .DRF files, that way you can change corrections values yourself and print off more with the free viewer software.

Also, running 100% on only 92 oct is not advised by BMS... he even only recomments 75% on 93 oct. That, coupled with the fact that you never did any WOT runs to let it adapt, means that your car was probably pulling timing pretty hard on these first runs.

But it looks like you already knew that

Thanks for the dyno's!
Thanks for the advice. After I get some DPs and an exhaust Ill redyno. Maybe even sooner.
Appreciate 0