E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iPad Pro 9.7 dash set up with steering controls

09-18-2016, 02:39 AM   #1
NotoriousSingh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 x5 50i

iPad Pro 9.7 dash set up with steering controls

picked up a cellular iPad Pro to install in my e92, i was originally planning on installing a ipad mini 4 so it would fit in the center where the head unit and Ac controls are but only thing available at the time was the iPad Pro 9.7 inch

For mounting it i was going to go the same route i always did Magnetic mounts. For my previous ipad mini setup i used a scosche mount it held pretty well but it would occasionally tilt or sag. Having this iPad fall screen first in to the shift knob would be all bad so i thought of using some sort of bracket that i could attach to a case. I found a L shapped bracket in my garage that was the perfect size for what i needed. 3M tapped the bracket to the back of the case and it slid right in to my CD slot without touching anything inside the thickness and weight of the ipad makes it hold really well

For audio output i use a beats Aux cord with the L shaped connector so its a flush fit, I plan on ordering a iStream eventually to make it full wireless connectivity without out loosing sound quality. Iv used a few bluetooth transmitters and they're all shit.

Picked up a iSimple Bluclik Bluetooth remote which was a perfect fit behind the steering wheel with 3M tape it comes with a mount so removing the remote to charge isnt a problem. Single charge usually lasts me about a month. It has pretty much everything play pause, forward, back, volume up and down and Siri

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/isimple-...?skuId=7142666

Night shift mode turned on at night makes driving at night pleasant without having a bright screen every time you awake the iPad.
The battery life on the iPad pro is great so charging it while using it in the car through out the day isn't a problem, leaves the port open for my phone It automatically updates with songs with apple music when i like it from my phone or computer. Having a cellular iPad is definitely worth it because of GPS and Streaming.

Im planning on adding a back up camera that connects via Wifi next Possibly with a OEM back up camera if i get it to work.
https://www.amazon.com/Sourcingbay-T.../dp/B00P92HPTS
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 09:41 AM   #2
RKP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 CS (F80)

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Hey man great setup I'm thinking about doing this as well. Subscribed to see the backup camera installed!
Appreciate 0