E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > CG VS Zaino

03-31-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
Autobot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F22 M235 6MT

CG VS Zaino

OK, For those of you that detail either for a living or a passion...

I have been using Zaino for about a year now and am very happy with the results. However the more I see these posts about CG the more I want to switch. I guess my main question is this, for the Average guy not detailing for money, how much of a difference is there?

Should I just pick up a few of their products or are most of you converts who will never go back?

Should you stay with one brand all the way through for a detail, say All Zaino for wash to wax or can you or should you use a different wash with different brand waxes?

What's the difference between the 5050 and the Pete's 53?

If you were just going to get some stuff for yourself when u just started out, are there any products that you would get? Stay with a package or would you go ala carte?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and help.
      04-02-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
Autobot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Anyone?
      04-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot View Post
If you were just going to get some stuff for yourself when u just started out, are there any products that you would get? Stay with a package or would you go ala carte?
I guess I'll chime in and try to help. Best way to tell for yourself is to give it a go and buy some chemical guys products. I would purchase things ala carte from CG. This would be the starters bundle I would purchase.

Citrus Wash N Gloss
Green Clay (not on site)
Jetseal 109
Pete's 53
Waffle Weave Towel
Barebones*
Fade2Black*
Speedwipe*
Applicators if needed*

* = optional

Purchase some Mezerna polishes (106ff and SIP) if you need paint correction, and you should be ready for action.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
turbojet3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335

After trying alot of different brands, Zaino,werkstat,poorboys...
I have settled on CG stuff. I like the ez creme glaze and jetseal.
I have some 50/50, but I bought a can of Lusso oro which has become my favorite LSP. Pretty well any product of CG's that I have used I've been happy with.
      04-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #5
oneshare325
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
OK, For those of you that detail either for a living or a passion...

I have been using Zaino for about a year now and am very happy with the results. However the more I see these posts about CG the more I want to switch. I guess my main question is this, for the Average guy not detailing for money, how much of a difference is there?

Average guy no...more then likely not, unless you do a full detail (wash,clay,polish,seal,wax)Plus it al depends what products you are talking about? Sealant, shampoos, QD's, leather cleaners??

But if you are asking about sealants (z2/z5 vs jetseal) they BOTH are great products. It almost comes down to preference, they are pretty damn close in my eyes! Of course some people will tell you one is better then the other, if you like zaino and the results..stick with it, want to try something new? buy some jetseal.

Should I just pick up a few of their products or are most of you converts who will never go back?

I am local detailer at about a 15 mile range of my garage, and I would say I use 65-70 percent CG products. (I like buying things in bulk, and i am impressed with their products.)

Should you stay with one brand all the way through for a detail, say All Zaino for wash to wax or can you or should you use a different wash with different brand waxes?

Some things you can mix and match; shampoos, wheel cleaners, paint polishes, tire dressings...Z7 is one of the best car washes around and of course you can use it with just about anything. But without you being more specific about the exact products it is hard to say. Yes some sealants do not get along with with some waxes, but I doubt you would run into that problem with mixing and matching zaino and CG product (could be wrong)..but I think z2/z5 work fine with 50/50 or petes 53.

What's the difference between the 5050 and the Pete's 53?

CG markets 53 as the better wax, 5050 is 16oz and 53 is only 8oz (so for dollar per oz 53 is more expensive) 53 is 53% Brazilian No. 1 White Carnauba by volume, which is more then in the 50/50.

Citrus wash (for pre details)
Maxi suds 2 (maintenance washes)
Jetseal 109
50/50
Speed wipe (QD)
Grime Reaper
Lightning fast carpet and upholstery

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 03:11 PM   #6
L~R~G nor cal
Perfection Is In The Details
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshare325 View Post

Citrus wash (for pre details)
Maxi suds 2 (maintenance washes)
Jetseal 109
50/50
Speed wipe (QD)
Grime Reaper
Lightning fast carpet and upholstery

Everything looks good.

I only have a couple words of advice. You can get a package deal of 50/50 and Jetseal from CG that is a good deal. They also throw in a nice MF towel.

Enless you have some dirty stuff I would also stay away from Grime Reaper. It is some serious stuff. Some other good options are the Orange Degreaser and the Green Clean.

Everything else he listed are must have's and I would even throw in the green clay as listed above and Fade2Black.
      04-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #7
Autobot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Thanks for your help and opinions guys, it really is appreciated
      04-03-2008, 08:48 PM   #8
BimmerFan61
Captain
Rep
Drives: none

Honestly if you have a dark car I would switch. If you have a light car you wont see much difference. I have both and put Z2 on e90 (silver) and I put CG 109 on my jet black

Reason I stick with Z2 on the TI is because it lasts longer than CG 109
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #9
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Here's an opinion from someone who has tried almost everything.

If you're happy with something, stick with it. Unless you're just dicking around there isn't much reason to spend money on a product that is, at best, comparable to the one you're using. CG makes fine products, so does Zaino; I doubt you will see much difference in look, ease of use, or durability.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #10
BimmerFan61
Captain
Rep
Drives: none

In my opinion Zaino lasts twice as long as 109. Its not even close.
Appreciate 0