E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > EGR Delete question

10-07-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
JTC1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

EGR Delete question

Posted this in another forum, but no response as of yet. I know this forum has a little more activity, so here goes....

New BMW 335d owner here. I am a transplant from the TDI world like many of the new d owners. Will be turning in the Passat next month.
I've been reading and studying the forums (i.e. lurking) for a month or so and have gotten mixed opinions on tuning/delete options. I am looking at getting a tune with a possible EGR block-off, but want to keep all of my other equipment on (no DPF/DEF delete). With the new info that BPC will no longer be doing the work on the 335d, its going to be harder to get the deletes done anyway. I have 64000 on the car now, so feel like I've got a lot of life left in the DPF.
My main reasoning for possible doing the EGR delete is to stave of CBU. I do not think I have any CBU issues currently, but want to avoid them down the road. While the ERG delete is likely to help this (although not completely) I have concerns with having this done and possible issues with regens (EGR plays a role in the regen cycle?).
Those of you that have had the EGR delete but still have stock components, have you guys had any issues with regens or with the DPF?
Any help would be appreciates! And I absolutely love driving this car btw!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2016, 02:31 PM   #2
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

No issuses with stock tune, emissions, and EGR delete. DPF disappeared at 130k miles, after 60k miles of running the EGR delete with it and regens were still within the normal range.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2016, 02:48 PM   #3
JTC1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
No issuses with stock tune, emissions, and EGR delete. DPF disappeared at 130k miles, after 60k miles of running the EGR delete with it and regens were still within the normal range.
Thanks for the response. Did your DPF finally fail at 130k? I'm wondering what the life expectance is of the DPF on this car? I've heard of issues with the DPF on the TDIs but not sure about the D.
Appreciate 0