E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Rebound Settings for Track

10-24-2016, 02:07 PM   #1
alpineweissm
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is (sold) 2020 X3MC

Rebound Settings for Track

So I just got my ST XTA Coilovers installed, and am tweaking with the rebound settings. It appears that rebound is the only adjustment I can make. Where do I set this for the track? What about for street? Is it as simple as full rebound for tracking and full soft for street, or do these cars tend to like certain firm/soft settings that differ from front to rear?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 02:11 PM   #2
boro92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: audi s4 lol!

This is not going to be what you want to hear: It depends on how you want the car to handle at specific phases of the corner (and specific inputs from the driver).

Yes, you can run full soft on the street for comfort. But for track, it is absolutely not full stiff all around. ST's manual comes with box settings that are recommended. Use those as your baseline, drive around on track and get familiar with how you want the car to handle. Then adjust rebound accordingly. In general (and I hate generalizations for this kind of stuff), whichever end has more rebound is the end that will have less grip during trailing throttle situations. I write about suspension setup on my blog here: http://dreamingin302ci.blogspot.ca/2...ok-at-big.html

Track day & Car setup blog
Appreciate 0