E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Credit Where it is DUE

10-25-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
JMWhite
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Credit Where it is DUE

Just 3 months ago my E90 35d was limping around town burdened with massive CBU (105k miles worth) Thanks SOLELY to membership of this forum I was able to locate a really great independent shop (Harrison Motorsports) in Atlanta (2.5 HRS away) which I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! They did my CBU cleaning for $1000, They have a great performance shop as well and they are tune friendly! The best part, They called me daily to tell ME the status of my little coal roller (I guess the fact that they do quality work is also important)!

Secondly and equally important was the contact I was able to reach on this forum with Kieth and them up at Mobile Electronics in Lagrange GA (yes they are a Audio Shop). They put together one hell of a package deal with me. Doing a ton of custom work converting my DEF tank into a water methanol tank. (same as refilling DEF and the tank is outta my way). They also did all my work as far as the programming (JR tune 2.5) delete on the Alphabet soup, and Exhaust (Turbo Back). They have also been extremely helpful after the work to ensure I am understanding my new bells and whistles!

The Car is running better than new, SOUNDS GREAT (My neighbors have started calling it "the beastly School bus"), Smells like a diesel (to me that is a PLUS). I have not Dyno'd yet (I will be posting my sheets when I can) but I am running 0-60 in low 4's well below 4.5 (I have timed between 4.1 and 4.3). and have still TONS of power up and over 100 mph.

Thanks for all the help guys!! I will answer any questions regarding my experience with these shops and fully ENDORSE their work both shop are extremely professional, quality, reasonable and will be straight up with you. Most importantly you wont have the slimy feeling of wading through a sewer after talking to them. (sewer comment meant for about 90+% of dealerships)
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 08:44 PM   #2
JTC1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

What exhaust did you have installed on your car? Going to be visiting Harrison next week for fuel filter and transmission service.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 05:47 AM   #3
sukutash
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, 2020 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWhite View Post
Just 3 months ago my E90 35d was limping around town burdened with massive CBU (105k miles worth) Thanks SOLELY to membership of this forum I was able to locate a really great independent shop (Harrison Motorsports) in Atlanta (2.5 HRS away) which I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! They did my CBU cleaning for $1000, They have a great performance shop as well and they are tune friendly! The best part, They called me daily to tell ME the status of my little coal roller (I guess the fact that they do quality work is also important)!

Secondly and equally important was the contact I was able to reach on this forum with Kieth and them up at Mobile Electronics in Lagrange GA (yes they are a Audio Shop). They put together one hell of a package deal with me. Doing a ton of custom work converting my DEF tank into a water methanol tank. (same as refilling DEF and the tank is outta my way). They also did all my work as far as the programming (JR tune 2.5) delete on the Alphabet soup, and Exhaust (Turbo Back). They have also been extremely helpful after the work to ensure I am understanding my new bells and whistles!

The Car is running better than new, SOUNDS GREAT (My neighbors have started calling it "the beastly School bus"), Smells like a diesel (to me that is a PLUS). I have not Dyno'd yet (I will be posting my sheets when I can) but I am running 0-60 in low 4's well below 4.5 (I have timed between 4.1 and 4.3). and have still TONS of power up and over 100 mph.

Thanks for all the help guys!! I will answer any questions regarding my experience with these shops and fully ENDORSE their work both shop are extremely professional, quality, reasonable and will be straight up with you. Most importantly you wont have the slimy feeling of wading through a sewer after talking to them. (sewer comment meant for about 90+% of dealerships)
Better put a catch can on it before you deal with this again in a couple thousand miles!
Appreciate 1