XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-06-2008, 09:16 PM   #1
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Rear Visibility-X6

Here are the pic's addressing rearward visibility.I set both the rearview mirror and drivers seat as I would drive the car.Pretty lousy look to the rear.I'm not sure what else BMW could have done given the drastic slope of the rear part of the roof.Also,I've seen comments about rear windshield wipers on the X6.I did not see any rear windshield wipers on the Press Day cars or for that matter any X6's I've seen.I think BMW is counting on the steep slope and gravity to get rid of the water. Thanks! PalBay
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 11:32 PM   #2
cheaptrick
cheap
Rep
Drives: 335CIC & 35i X6

Nice work again as usual Palbay. Sure can't see much out the back! Looks like some huge blind spots on the rear corners. I hope the big oustide mirrors compensate some. Your thoughts? Cheap
      04-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #3
keanu1
tiamat
Romania
Rep
Drives: 525 d

maybe a rear view camera would help!!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #4
cheaptrick
cheap
Rep

Palbay did you think you could see well enough with the big sideview mirrors? Also do have any pics of x6 in mineral silver or have you seen it in that color yet? Cheap
      04-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #5
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep

X6 Side View Mirror-Mineral Silver

Cheaptrick, Here is one pic I took looking out the side view mirror.To be honest no matter how big the "wing mirrors" or whatever some of the reviewers from last wk called them, I don't believe they will help w/ the bad blind spots on the X6.All this of course is w/o me driving the car yet.I think the blind spot is something X6 owners will need to adjust their driving style to,so they make sure they are not in the body shop every week.I've seen one Mineral Silver X6 very early in its development.I have not seen that color since.The X6 looked beautiful in MS.It's one color that I will make sure I take a look at when I decide to pull the trigger on an X6.The one I saw I was not able to get a pic. Sorry! Thanks. PalBay
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #6
cheaptrick
cheap
Rep

Thanks Palbay nice shot of the mirror. It looks plenty big. I had an old rx300 and it had larger side mirrors, I used them a lot more that the rearview mirror. You would think they sat in the mockups and checked the placement of back window, seems it could have been longer i.e. lower bottom edge, so you would have more window but maybe that ruined the lines. I also was reading that the trunk lip was higher than a ford pickup, so it would be hard to get stuff in and out, did you check that out? Cheap
      04-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #7
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaptrick View Post
Thanks Palbay nice shot of the mirror. It looks plenty big. I had an old rx300 and it had larger side mirrors, I used them a lot more that the rearview mirror. You would think they sat in the mockups and checked the placement of back window, seems it could have been longer i.e. lower bottom edge, so you would have more window but maybe that ruined the lines. I also was reading that the trunk lip was higher than a ford pickup, so it would be hard to get stuff in and out, did you check that out? Cheap
Cheap, One of the first things I noticed when I first viewed an X6 up close was the height of the rear deck lid.As I've mentioned I'm about 5'10" tall.The top of the rear deck or hatch on the X6 hits me about mid chest.It is tall in the back.I can't compare to the F150,I'm just not into pickup trucks and just don't pay much attention to them on the road.I hope that helps. Thanks. PalBay
Appreciate 0