E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > No SOS call, Bluetooth, and AUX port

11-10-2016, 08:48 AM   #1
JMWhite
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

No SOS call, Bluetooth, and AUX port

A few weeks ago I got an alert that my SOS call is not working and noticed my bluetooth is also not working for calls and I can not use my aux port for music. All happened at the same time... Any Ideas???
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 09:11 AM   #2
Barmlot
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

This probably isn't diesel specific and you might have better luck in the general e90 electronics subforum, but I think there is a box that controls those features (not 100% sure)
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 01:43 PM   #3
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Hoping to not butcher OP's thread. I'm trying understand what SOS is/does? I had car on jack stands on front only so chassis was at an angle. I started car to check for exhaust leak while at the angle. In the NAV screen, I saw a message saying car was in SOS and was trying to call out. Who is it trying to call, the police? It gave up after about 5 minutes. I was wondering if the law was going to pull up.

I have run car on jack stands before but car was level (trans fluid warming to check level). I didn't get SOS there. I'm guessing something about a tilt sensor. Lemme have it! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 01:50 PM   #4
remlemasi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335d | i3 REx

Garage List
2015 i3 REx  [0.00]
2011 BMW E90 335d  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
Hoping to not butcher OP's thread. I'm trying understand what SOS is/does? I had car on jack stands on front only so chassis was at an angle. I started car to check for exhaust leak while at the angle. In the NAV screen, I saw a message saying car was in SOS and was trying to call out. Who is it trying to call, the police? It gave up after about 5 minutes. I was wondering if the law was going to pull up.

I have run car on jack stands before but car was level (trans fluid warming to check level). I didn't get SOS there. I'm guessing something about a tilt sensor. Lemme have it! Thanks
Used to call BMW Assist, but they have since cancelled the service for older cars (old cellular technology). I tried it relatively recently and it went straight to 911 (all older cellular devices, even without active subscription/plan, can reach 911). Good to know I have a quick emergency dial now, although I doubt it's connected to the crash sensors and will automatically dial out (hope I never get to find out).