E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Exhaust question

11-16-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
Oilburnerfan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d Titanium/Blk M-Sport

Exhaust question

Before I begin I would like to give a big shout out to eric-satx for the stock exhaust he gave me. What a great guy. Sorry to say he no longer has his 335d so had no need for it. He was kind enough to donate it and a spare tire to me and my cause. Again, I cannot say enough good things about him. What a great guy! Thanks again Eric!

My ultimate goal for my built-for-offroad 335d is: 2.5+ tune, swirl flap delete and intake cleaning, EGR race pipe, EGR cooler delete, DPF delete, and factory exhaust with SCR gutted. I may run it with a straight pipe to see how the sound is but can put on the factory mufflers just in case I want it quieter.

So now to my question: Can I gut the rear SCR and straight pipe it now before I tune it? (I am not sure if there are any NOx or O2 sensors after the rear SCR that might trip a code). I will do the tune and the rest when I have the cash.

Anyone have experience doing this? Thanks in advance for any insight you guys might be willing to share.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 02:27 PM   #2
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

NOX sensor after SCR. You need to wait until after tune.

Mr Eric was also very very generous to me. Great guy and I wished he would have hung in there with his D. The BPC hiccup was a factor.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 09:30 PM   #3
f00dstamps
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335d

I had a metering valve code on my car. Instead of fixing it, I decided to go with the BPC II+ tune but installed a turboback exhaust first. Bob @ BPC said it would be okay to make the drive home from the installation shop. I ended up driving the car a couple hundred miles with the full exhaust with no tune. The car felt faster and it never went to limp mode.
Appreciate 0