E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > REAL world consumption DATA

11-18-2016, 02:02 AM   #1
tryingtobebest
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90

REAL world consumption DATA

Hi everyone and right up front i would like to say that this is NOT a discussion thread, this is only a data to share and view!!!
Please ONLY ONE post per person!

Im continuously finding new threads where people asking about fuel consumption, some people taking this more serious than others, this is the thread for those who are serious about it! Yes it only takes a few seconds to fill up your excel document before throwing you fuel receipt away, so why not to keep track of it!? As you can see my filling ups are pretty good at 58 to 60 liters, i usually fill up at 10-30km on cluster prior to empty but today (NOV 17) i rolled onto the gas station with dashes (lower than zero km left) on the cluster!

YES, this is a long term so I'm asking all of the people who does it to participate and update their posts once in a while or on request to see what we got! Im also thinking to add
#1 one row of "HEAVINESS OF RIGHT FOOT" (on a scale from 1 to 10, one being an 90+years old and 10 being "on the track" mode)
#2 one row of "Weather AVERAGE" (Not sure how or if its even possible to find the average weather in degrees C or F between fill ups)

Also while doing this and searching how to make a clear printscreen i found and learn new software that should come with your Windows (im sorry if you are using other) called SNIPPING TOOL, that makes incredibly good and fast print screens of desired area, you definitely should try it! Go to START in search type SNIPPING, it is only few button but damn it is good!

Provide your simple mods (Copy/Paste):

Vehicle -
Exhaust -
Tuning -
Deletes -
Methanol - (If Yes, Size of Injector/s and mix ratio)
Others - (Intercooler, Hybrid Turbos, etc)

PS: HERE is my little story *Only as an example, you do not have to write anything but mods and consumption picture:

As you can see on OCT 31 fill up my consumption took a dive, i was about to call Jarek (Chiptuning) to see if i can figure that there might be something wrong with my car (NO CEL or anything abnormal), im not sure why but it was simply horrible but then i remember that during that time i removed lower (Past DPF) O2 sensor from Unobtanium downpipe ( I got an earlier version with all the bungs for all the sensors) I finally found a proper plug to plug in in that lower bung instead of OEM sensor, so i removed OEM. I got so upset that i might have to send ECU back to them for a reset of adaptations that my ecu might build after tune but with that lower sensor still in there! Hopefully it is not the case!
On the other hand i've used one of the cheapest fuel provider in my area - "CENTEX" and maybe that is why my mpg is shitty! Exactly after this fill up i've added a first line of fuel BRAND and TYPE!
Time will explain this to me!)))

PS2: STICKY???

Last thing to mention, im including here my Excel document as a zip, BUT would like to warn people that im in CAN and everywhere is METRIC, it is being filled in LITERS and KMS first and then they are converted to GAL and MILES and then to MPG
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fuel Consumption.zip (8.3 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by tryingtobebest; 11-18-2016 at 02:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 02:03 AM   #2
tryingtobebest
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90

Here, ill start:

Vehicle - E90
Exhaust - Turbo back, straight pipe
Tuning - Chiptuning stage 2.5
Deletes - ALL