E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > BPC - tuning and wrenching on Diesel BMW

12-13-2016, 10:05 PM   #1
TN335d
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

BPC - tuning and wrenching on Diesel BMW

I had seen some chatter that that BPC had quit working on diesels at their shop. I spoke with Randall at Bimmer Performance Center today.
BPC is working on and tuning diesels currently.
They are not running diesels on their dyno at this time.
I had not seen an update from BPC and thought the guys here would like to hear the current situation.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 01:11 PM   #2
Torqu3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Does this mean they're doing DPF/SCR/EGR deletes? I knew they would keep doing general maintenance since there isn't any risk to that. The issue was they were modifying emissions equipment for vehicles that may or may not have been ran on the "track-only".
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 01:21 PM   #3
JOHNNYBRAVO1
NY BRAVEST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Monaco blue, 335D

Yes, but you sign a waiver stating track or off road use only.
Appreciate 1
      12-14-2016, 02:25 PM   #4
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

My understanding - tuning only at this time.

They are not actively working on items relating to any emissions equipment.

They will perform regular maintenance and/or non-performance related repairs.

I'm not speaking for BPC - they can certainly clarify if I have misspoke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 03:21 PM   #5
335dwanted
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

The following thread was from BPC on their mission statement. Dates back to late October '16. Not sure if they have changed their thoughts since then:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1316535
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 04:02 PM   #6
JayNC335d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d w/ Sport pkg

Hey Op, I appreciate what you were trying to do with this thread. My 2 cents are this though, there's no reason to speculate here. BPC shouldn't sway or impact major decisions. There are a few good options active. Pick up the phone call them or swing by their shop and see if they can solve what you are looking for. They are still great people doing great work. They clearly went through some policy changes, and their activity on the forum has changed - but if I wanted work done, (and I do) i would visit the shop and see what they can or can't do face to face rather than via the forum. What is well known, is they have the skill sets for completing the most needed "repairs" on these vehicles.
Appreciate 2
      12-14-2016, 04:43 PM   #7
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNC335d
Hey Op, I appreciate what you were trying to do with this thread. My 2 cents are this though, there's no reason to speculate here. BPC shouldn't sway or impact major decisions. There are a few good options active. Pick up the phone call them or swing by their shop and see if they can solve what you are looking for. They are still great people doing great work. They clearly went through some policy changes, and their activity on the forum has changed - but if I wanted work done, (and I do) i would visit the shop and see what they can or can't do face to face rather than via the forum. What is well known, is they have the skill sets for completing the most needed "repairs" on these vehicles.
This^

Randal is the gatekeeper and has always taken care of me with any questions about their position on Diesel's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 08:55 PM   #8
JOHNNYBRAVO1
NY BRAVEST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Monaco blue, 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNC335d View Post
Very well said Jay. Every one at BPC are gentle men and will help in any way they can.
Appreciate 0