E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > ED Itinerary Critique Request

04-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 90 GTR, 21 Gladiator

ED Itinerary Critique Request

Hi all,

I've posted this on BimmerFest as well, but would certainly like to see if anyone here has some feedback.

I've got 2 itinerary options, one is a little more leisurely and the other is driving intensive (for experiencing the car and roads). So two different options.

Travel dates are 6/9-6/15

Car is 6speed 335i Coupe with Nav (will have nav disc, contacted beewang)

Pickup is 6/11 with 3:10pm check in time (or delivery time?)

(Note: I stayed in Germany for a month back in 2002, including a 5 day stay in Munich, and visits to Neuschwanstein, Dachau, Berlin, Magdeberg, Oscherleben etc...)

Option 1. "Hit the Nurburgring while experiencing some other countries"

- Monday - Flight

- Tuesday -Arrive in Munich/Get to Hotel/Sleep/Tour?

- Wednesday -Tour/Pickup at Welt/Drive to Strasbourg thru Black Forest (363km - 3hours 21 min)/Hotel in Strasbourg

- Thursday -Tour Strasbourg/Drive to Nurburgring and run it - it is only open that day from 5:15pm to 7:30pm (266km - 2 hours 45min)/Drive to Amsterdam (348kn - 3 hours 27min)/Hotel in Amsterdam

- Friday - Tour Amsterdam/Drop off/Tour Amsterdam

- Saturday -Tour Amsterdam

- Sunday - Flight home

Option 2. "Drive the best roads - 1001km - Drive intensive"

- Monday - Flight

- Tuesday - Arrive/Check in Hotel, Sleep?/Tour Munich?

- Wednesday - Tour/Pickup car/Drive to Bormio (381km - 4 hours 34min)/Stay night in Bormio

- Thursday - Drive Stelvio Pass - Lunch at Top - Drive Stelvio Pass back (92km - 2 hours plus lunch) / Next to and through San bernadino pass (185km - 3 hours)/ Drive 2 hours towards Nice, stay the night somewhere cheap halfway between (alessandria?)

- Friday - Drive to Castellar - 210km - 2.5 hours/Drive the Col de Turini by going north past Sospel and Moulinete looping back south to Nice 87km - 93min/Drop off car in Nice/Tour Nice/Hotel Regence

- Saturday - Tour Nice/Monaco?

- Sunday - Flight back to US

Oh, I'll likely be going solo, and will have the Nav system. Speak enough German for basic communication.

Thanks for the input and all of the resources that I've tapped into so far!

-Daniel
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

I like option 1 only because there isnt as much driving. Trust me, you should spend more time in less places rather than trying to cover so many places in such little time. I did that before and I didnt get a chance to enjoy anything because I spent most of the time driving. If you could, extend it to 2 weeks and explore even more places.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
The Other Tom
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Your check in time is 3:10. From what I've read it'll take ~2 hours before you drive out of the Welt. Then you want to drive for 3-4 hours depending on which itinerary you choose. That'll put you at your destination at around 6-7pm, or around midnight body clock time. Is that what you want to do ? Of course, the choice is yours, but personally I would not drive so far that late in the day.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 90 GTR, 21 Gladiator

Well, I couldn't resist the driving intensive intinerary through the Stelvio Pass, San Bernardino Pass and Col de Turini and have booked my accomodations around it. I'll be going by myself, so this will keep my occupied. I'll report back after the trip as to whether it was too quickly paced. I wish I could do a 2 week stint, but can't afford it nor would I want to stay that long by myself.

Thanks for all of the feedback!
Appreciate 0