E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Carpet Removal Questions

03-29-2017, 04:23 PM   #1
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan, 2023 M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
Carpet Removal Questions

Hi Folks,

I have a few questions for everyone who removed their front carpet:

1. Did you have to remove the entire front dashboard?
2. Did you have to remove the gas pedal? If so, when you reinstalled the gas pedal, did it have to space it to keep it's position or did you bolt it back without the thick carpet?
3. What's the hardest part for removing the front carpet?

I've stripped down my car as much as possible and I was planning on keeping the front carpet so that the my feet don't go lower than normal.

However, when installing the seats, I discovered that my driver's seat is too much to the left and I can't center it correctly because the side mount hits the carpet. I know the carpet is at least 0.5 thick and I am planning on removing the front carpet in order to gain the necessary clearance.

VAC floor pans are on their way via UPS to correct the height problem.

Thanks in advance.