E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items > Buyer's BEWARE

05-10-2017, 10:31 PM   #1
ahhllen
Midnight Marauder
Philippines
Rep
Drives: AW 2008 335i Coupe

Garage List
BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Don't make the same stupid mistake as I did. Make sure you ask for close pics of whatever you are buying, especially wheels, as certain defects can't be seen even when zooming in pics. Do NOT take the seller's word for anything.

Some sellers, like Bhangu93, will purposely leave out details just to make a sale. :

UPDATE: I gave the seller a chance to make things right as soon as I got the wheels. He finally sent me a partial refund, even though he didn't agree with it initially. The other option was a full refund and to split the shipping cost.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 11:14 PM   #2
ssdara
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

He came down $900 from $3250? Meaning you got them for $2350?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 12:59 AM   #3
BBONG
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdara View Post
for $2350 that is a really good price for LM-R.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 05:10 AM   #4
volksdoc26
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

I'll give you the $3200 if you want to sell them.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 07:13 AM   #5
ahhllen
Midnight Marauder
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianb View Post
Quote:
for $2350 that is a really good price for LM-R.
Even with light curb rash on two wheels and noticeable marks on the third? Only one wheel was "excellent" condition.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 07:23 AM   #6
Unknown_Car
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Few and diffrent

Dude you got a good deal.
DocRace 6266 single turbo.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 07:32 AM   #7
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Who cares if he got a good deal.

Guy wanted to buy rims that were in excellent condition.

The prick selling them clearly falsely advertised and stated "the wheels are in excellent condition"

Excellent condition in my books means no curb rash, no stone chips, nothing.
Appreciate 5
ahhllen70.00
6ixSpd6015.50
feuer4275.50
      05-11-2017, 08:09 AM   #8
kmclair
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Sport - Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Who cares if he got a good deal.

Guy wanted to buy rims that were in excellent condition.

The prick selling them clearly falsely advertised and stated "the wheels are in excellent condition"

Excellent condition in my books means no curb rash, no stone chips, nothing.
Exactly! Good deal? Yes. But the post was misleading and that is the issue.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 08:19 AM   #9
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

File a PayPal claim/credit card chargeback. PayPal will work with you on this, it's an easy win for you. I'd demand seller cover the cost of refinishing the 3 of them that are damaged.

Just because the seller dropped the price doesn't excuse the blatant misrepresentation of the condition. Absolute bullshit.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2017, 10:41 AM   #10
ssdara
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhllen View Post
Even with light curb rash on two wheels and noticeable marks on the third? Only one wheel was "excellent" condition.

I'm guessing these wheels are like $4500 new?

1) You bought without requesting pictures of each wheel
2) You bought at a too good to be true price, should have assumed a refinish was in order, curb rash fix with powdercoat would run $400-$600
3) He said the wheels were in excellent condition and no cracks or bends. If that is his opinion of excellent, I have hard time seeing how you dispute that. He did not state they didn't have marks or curb rash.

Not justifying the seller, but just saying.
      05-11-2017, 10:59 AM   #11
ahhllen
Midnight Marauder
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

2) You bought at a too good to be true price, should have assumed a refinish was in order, curb rash fix with powdercoat would run $400-$600
3) He said the wheels were in excellent condition and no cracks or bends. If that is his opinion of excellent, I have hard time seeing how you dispute that. He did not state they didn't have marks or curb rash.

Yep, about 4500 new.

1. I requested numerous pics of each wheel, front and back, after he cleaned them. I did not notice the light curb rash because it matched the color of the lip. If i noticed it, i would have asked for a close up pic of each section. That was MY mistake.

2. I got them for a reasonable price WITHOUT the tires, considering they didnt have any curb rash. It was not "too good to be true", especially when I paid for shipping.

3. I never said he lied, he just never MENTIONED it when I asked for the condition. Curb rash isn't something that is minor. Like you said, it would cost 400-600 to refinish. He even said it himself, he knew he should have told me about it.

I dont plan on filing a claim since I know it's not a good position for me. I already have offers to buy them for about the same price i paid, but I'm still undecided because I've been wanting LM-Rs since I bought my car.

At the end of the day, the blame is on me which is why I wanted to warn others so they dont make the same mistake.

The point here is to watch out for sellers that omit certain information that they know would lower the value of their items.

I've had so many transactions here in the forums from small parts to wheels and exhausts with no issues. That is probably why I was a bit careless this time since I never expected another member to do such thing, and I also really wanted the wheels lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 11:07 AM   #12
ssdara
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yep, about 4500 new.

1. I requested numerous pics, front and back, after he cleaned them. I did not notice the light curb rash because it matched the color of the lip. If i noticed it, i would have asked for a close up pic of each section. That was MY mistake.

2. I got them for a reasonable price WITHOUT the tires, considering they didnt have any curb rash. It was not "too good to be true", especially when I paid for shipping.

3. I never said he lied, he just never MENTIONED it when I asked for the condition. Curb rash isn't something that is minor. Like you said, it would cost 400-600 to refinish. He even said it himself, he knew he should have told me about it.

At the end of the day, the blame is on me which is why I wanted to warn others so they dont make the same mistake.

The point here is to watch out for sellers that omit certain information that they know would lower the value of their items.

I've had so many transactions here in the forums from small parts to wheels and exhausts with no issues. That is probably why I was a bit careless this time since I never expected another member to do such thing, and I also really wanted the wheels lol.
Word, clearly I didn't have all the details. Thanks for leaving a warning to other buyers.
      05-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #13
norb2011e92
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328Xi

Quote:

decided to beat a dead horse, so what is your description of "excellent" condition what it comes to automobile wheels ssdara?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 05:42 PM   #14
!LEFTCOAST!
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92-SG-335i

Quote:
Quote:

In my opinion excellent = like new without any major blemishes/defects. Curb rash definitely doesn't fall into that category. They should have been listed as good or fair. To say a good price equals a refinish doesn't make any sense to me and I definitely don't agree with that statement. The bottom line is the OP started out listing them for a much higher price and never once mentioned curb rash which says something. I believe he had and obligation from the start to give full disclosure on his item for sale and not hold back until someone ask the right questions. That's shady from the jump. Maybe the buyer could've ask more questions or did more inquiring but that's easy to say when it ain't your money. If you're going to sell something on here bottom line is be honest and give all the info to your potential buyer so we don't have issues like this.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 06:00 PM   #15
ssdara
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by norb2011e92 View Post
decided to beat a dead horse, so what is your description of "excellent" condition what it comes to automobile wheels ssdara?
You guys are missing the point. Excellent is just an opinion, not a fact. It doesn't hold much value. To 1 person it could mean a wheel is structurally sound with refinish needed, to another it could mean brand new. With anything in life you purchase, if the salesman says it is excellent, don't take his word for it.

Im not here arguing excellent includes curb rash.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 06:24 PM   #16
!LEFTCOAST!
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92-SG-335i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by norb2011e92 View Post
You guys are missing the point. Excellent is just an opinion, not a fact. It doesn't hold much value. To 1 person it could mean a wheel is structurally sound with refinish needed, to another it could mean brand new. With anything in life you purchase, if the salesman says it is excellent, don't take his word for it.

Im not here arguing excellent includes curb rash.
I agree with you 100% that Excellent or any other term is subjective but even though you need to do your own due diligence my opinion is you have an obligation to be honest and give full disclosure because it can make or break the sale for someone regardless of price. Either way just my .02 cents not trying to argue or start anything.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 07:54 AM   #17
Certified Amateur
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Erratically

I'm going to bark on both sides of the fence on this one.

"Buyer's BEWARE" What does that mean EXACTLY? Beware of what? Buying things on the internet from people you don't know? People who may have a completely different use case from what we do? As track wheels (isn't that what these were designed for?) these wheels are EXCELLENT, argue that!

"I requested numerous pics of each wheel, front and back, after he cleaned them. I did not notice the light curb rash because it matched the color of the lip. If i noticed it, i would have asked for a close up pic of each section. That was MY mistake."
YOUR MISTAKE, exactly, he sent you pictures, you couldn't see past your boner that you were buying a set of Pilot Super Sports and getting a set of LM-Rs for $1200! So you didn't stop to look for defects. We all do the same thing when we gat a chubby- hump first, ask questions later.

While the seller is a POS for KNOWING this was going to get ugly and allowing it to happen by not offering proper disclosure on an arms length transaction. How ugly? He figured that giving them away was the right move. Personally, I disagree. He should have spent the $500 to have them refinished, then sold them for the right price.

I'm so sick of forum dumbasses who sell things with garbage descriptions or improper packaging or incorrect identification or origin.
But "Buyer's BEWARE"??? No!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 08:42 AM   #18
ahhllen
Midnight Marauder
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3its View Post
I'm going to bark on both sides of the fence on this one.

"Buyer's BEWARE" What does that mean EXACTLY? Beware of what? Buying things on the internet from people you don't know? People who may have a completely different use case from what we do? As track wheels (isn't that what these were designed for?) these wheels are EXCELLENT, argue that!

"I requested numerous pics of each wheel, front and back, after he cleaned them. I did not notice the light curb rash because it matched the color of the lip. If i noticed it, i would have asked for a close up pic of each section. That was MY mistake."
YOUR MISTAKE, exactly, he sent you pictures, you couldn't see past your boner that you were buying a set of Pilot Super Sports and getting a set of LM-Rs for $1200! So you didn't stop to look for defects. We all do the same thing when we gat a chubby- hump first, ask questions later.

While the seller is a POS for KNOWING this was going to get ugly and allowing it to happen by not offering proper disclosure on an arms length transaction. How ugly? He figured that giving them away was the right move. Personally, I disagree. He should have spent the $500 to have them refinished, then sold them for the right price.

I'm so sick of forum dumbasses who sell things with garbage descriptions or improper packaging or incorrect identification or origin.
But "Buyer's BEWARE"??? No!
Doesn't matter if they're track or spare wheels. Should a buyer expect curb rash on a $10,000+ set of BBS FI-R listed as excellent condition just because they're track wheels? I think you definitely missed the point of the whole post. Some defects cant be seen in a normal pic and some sellers do not disclose the actual obvious condition of some items unless you specifically ask for it.

I couldnt see past my boner? What are you, 12 yrs old? Assume all you want but if you took the time to read, you would know I didnt even buy it w/ tires and definitely not as good of a deal as you think.

Let's play spot the curb rash, can you tell me where it is on the pics he sent me below?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 11:34 AM   #19
AK.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3/E92 M3

Garage List
2010 E90 335i  [10.00]
Seller should've stated the actual flaws but you did get a steal. I haven't found a set of LM-R's below 3k yet lol. I'll buy them and refinish them if you don't want it.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2017, 05:21 AM   #20
racermp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 330i

Yea just turn around and resell them if u don't like them. Thanks for tell everyone how.much u paid, could have made a profit if you didn't.
Appreciate 1
whyzee1251678.50
      05-13-2017, 06:56 AM   #21
ahhllen
Midnight Marauder
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by racermp View Post
Yea just turn around and resell them if u don't like them. Thanks for tell everyone how.much u paid, could have made a profit if you didn't.
Not sure if you saw the update on my initial post but the seller finally gave me a partial refund. I will get these refinished and keep them. Might sell them later on.

The price I paid doesn't matter, it's about supply and demand. People buy sold out/rare items all the time knowing they're paying 2-3x more than what the seller paid.
Appreciate 0