M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion M8 Render Project

05-31-2017, 10:41 AM   #1
Paul-Bracq-BMW
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1981 323i, sports M5, LSD

M8 Render Project

Hi all.

We're all curious to see how the M8 will look like now that BMW M have baited us with the camouflaged prototype.

I believe my render is the 1st realistic render of the upcoming M8. It is of course based on the 8 Series Concept and what I have guessed from the M8 prototype pics...

As you can see, the front end of my render is much shorter, higher and more conventional than the Concept car. The main reason is that the nose of the concept car is not realistic at all and would not meet pedestrian protection standards. The conventional nose, again based on the prototype, makes my render fit in much more with the current line up. I've also moved the headlights higher and made them deeper based on the pics of the prototype. I have taken a guess about what is hidden in the M8 prototype, which are the front and side air intakes. Based on enhance pics, I am pretty sure that the shape of the front air intake is like my render, and I do like the design of the side air intakes of the Concept car, but I've made it more realistic looking with proper wide M side intakes...

On the other hand, most of the body of the 8 Series Concept is the final production car. I've just worked a bit on the side sills (based on pics of the M8 prototype), added M mirrors and door handles... I did not change the wheels/tyres as they look great on the concept. I just coloured them black as per the new M4 CS. I also put a black shadow trim on the car (window surround, kidneys, M8 logo).

I think the car looks pretty cool, what do you guys think?

Below pics of the Concept car, then the M8 render then an animated gif to show the changes.

Time permitting, I'll work on a profile and rear view of this M8 render as well...

Cheers!

Name:  Original car-S.jpg
Views: 3283
Size:  281.2 KB

Name:  2018 M8 Render-S.jpg
Views: 5655
Size:  288.6 KB

Name:  M8 Gif.gif
Views: 6449
Size:  388.3 KB
TomAce67.00
      05-31-2017, 06:55 PM   #2
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

BMW M8 Gets Rendered Into Production Guise

Quote:
Presented during the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este, on the shores of Lake Como, Italy, last weekend, the BMW 8-Series Concept has been rendered as a range-topping M8.

The white body is adorned with M stripes, revised bumpers on both ends, newly-shaped exhaust tips, carbon fiber side mirror caps and door handles and black-painted rims, among other tweaks that were applied by Aksyonov Nikita.

The M8 is really happening, as it was confirmed by the Bavarian automaker last week, but despite being eager to tell the world about their upcoming M car, by previewing it using a camouflaged prototype, the Germans weren’t keen on releasing any details about its powertrain.

One likely candidate is the running gear of the new M5, which means a 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8 with nearly 600 horses and a tuned variant of the xDrive all-wheel drive system with a special rear-wheel drive mode that will make going sideways easier.

An exact reveal date for the brand's challenger to the likes of the Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe has yet to be announced, but don't expect it to brake cover before 2018.
http://www.carscoops.com/2017/05/bmw...roduction.html

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 12:47 AM   #3
Paul-Bracq-BMW
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1981 323i, sports M5, LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra93 View Post
I'm sorry but these renders do NOT reflect what the M8 is going to be like. If you look at the camouflaged pics of the production M8, the front end is not at all like the concept car. This is a mistake that appears in all of the renders so far except mine. I am trying to show what the production car looks like, nothing more, nothing less.

See the pic below, the actual car looks nothing like the render work by this artist...

Name:  M8 Prototype Llow.jpg
Views: 2880
Size:  343.9 KB
      10-15-2017, 02:51 AM   #4
RoderickT
Registered
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Bracq-BMW View Post
I find Phallosan Forte Plus here but these renders do NOT reflect what the M8 is going to be like. If you look at the camouflaged pics of the production M8, the front end is not at all like the concept car. This is a mistake that appears in all of the renders so far except mine. I am trying to show what the production car looks like, nothing more, nothing less.

See the pic below, the actual car looks nothing like the render work by this artist...

I think this looks amazing Paul!

Last edited by RoderickT; 09-30-2021 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 06:14 PM   #5
m630
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M Comp / ‘22 X3 / f136

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
I think you're very close Paul, but it's a fail by BMW. So boring and dated looking as the Camopix point to. The concept nose makes the entire car, I'll pass at this point.
Appreciate 0