THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB BMW Teleservice

07-11-2017, 08:31 PM   #1
RacerDad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

BMW Teleservice

Can anyone share their experience with BMW Teleservice and the communication with the dealership? I have had the car for one year, 10,000 miles and my diplays state the car is due for service in 1,500 miles or July 17. The car is highlighted in yellow, but it does not say the service is due. Will the dealer contact me to set an appointment or do I have to do it myself? I know this is a strange question. I usually do all the work myself or use the dealer if the car comes with free maintenance. In that case, I pick up the phone and call the dealer. However, I am not sure how BMW's system works.
      07-11-2017, 08:52 PM   #2
Sypher
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 228i xdrive

I have a service due this month and although I've already scheduled one myself from a previous dealership visit, the dealership emailed me saying they got a teleservice call from my car and for me to call or email them to schedule an appointment.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 09:11 PM   #3
orangeglim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Garage List
2019 M2C  [0.00]
For my first oil change my dealer sent me an email telling me my car was calling for an oil change. After I got that I called them to set up the appointment.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 05:08 PM   #4
RacerDad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Stopped by my local dealer today and they changed the dealer linked to the TeleService account. It was originally set for my selling dealer. I should have received an email and/or phone call from the dealer when the CBS says a service is coming due (vehicle highlighted in yellow).

Ironically, later in the day I received the a phone call and e-mail from the selling dealer asking me to contact them to set up an appointment. I guess the system does work.