XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-14-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
CyberDude
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS

X6 Rear-view camera option

Does anyone know what's the size of the dashboard monitor (LCD Screen) in the US version of the X6 35i if you order the Rear-view camera option without the Technology Package or Navigation System?

I've notice the LCD screen is smaller in the X6 if you don't order the Technology Package or Navigation System but haven't seen an X6 without Navigation but with the Rear-view camera option. I did see on the BMWUSA site that it said something about looking through the rear view camera on the large dashboard monitor.

I emailed BMW a few times over the last month or so and have been told by the BMW support representative that the question is puzzling and no one at the support center can answer the question so it was forwarded to the BMW headquarters in German. Why wouldn't it just be forwarded to the facility in South Carolina where the X6 is produced????

I can't see spending the extra $1,600 for the Technology Package to get the larger LCD screen if you get the larger screen with just ordering the rear view camera. I could really use the camera but will probably never use the Navigation System. I would like to order the X6 soon but without the Dealer or BMW able to answer the question its really holding up me from purchasing the X6.

Thanks for your help...
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
Mr.Marvelous
the name says it all...
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 320i Sport Line

I am not sure but I think you have to purchase tech package and/or navigation package in order to get the rear view camera , with the big nav. screen
      05-18-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

6.5 inch without NAV, 8.8 inch with.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
mtech8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 19' X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post
6.5 inch without NAV, 8.8 inch with.
Sorry off-topic question. Is this true for the X5 too?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 10:21 PM   #5
CyberDude
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS

To my understanding it's the same with the US X5 model. Larger screen with Navigation System and small screen without. Only difference is that the Rear-view camera can be order as an option in the X6 without purchasing the Technology Package or Navigation System. I'm trying to find out from BMW what the screen size is if the Rear-view camera option is order on the X6.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 11:31 PM   #6
mtech8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 19' X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDude View Post
To my understanding it's the same with the US X5 model. Larger screen with Navigation System and small screen without. Only difference is that the Rear-view camera can be order as an option in the X6 without purchasing the Technology Package or Navigation System. I'm trying to find out from BMW what the screen size is if the Rear-view camera option is order on the X6.
Thanxs!
Appreciate 0