BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis NEW RELEASE: Performance Spring Set and Ride Quality & Handling Kit (G30 M550i)

11-14-2017, 08:46 AM   #1
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

NEW RELEASE: Performance Spring Set and Ride Quality & Handling Kit (G30 M550i)

Name:  G30_M550i_Springs_Banner.jpg
Views: 1550
Size:  268.6 KB

Suspension systems that not only transform the stance of the vehicle but also maintain ride quality and improve upon handling are what Dinan suspensions are known for. This is accomplished by pairing springs sets with bump stops, spring perches or both to maintain suspension travel resulting in a smooth ride while also improving mechanical grip and handling. This is what makes Dinan suspension systems unique. While we are able to sell each component separately it is highly recommend that both the spring sets and the supplemental ride quality and handling kits are used in tandem in order to maintain the Dinan quality standards our customers are used to. Experience the Dinan difference with this combination and enjoy the ride it provides.

Dinan's Performance Spring set for the G30 M550i provide greater control over body roll by virtue of carefully calibrated spring rates. Additionally, Dinan lowers the car for improved suspension geometry and an even more aggressive stance. The Dinan springs are CNC wound with high tensile chrome silicon wire and shot peened for stress relief to last the life of the car. The increase in stiffness will reduce the rear suspension compression under acceleration and front suspension compression (or dive) under braking, giving your car a more controlled feel. The Dinan performance springs will also provide a noticeable improvement in grip, for high speed driving situations that will inspire confidence in your car's capabilities. The reduced body roll makes the steering more responsive to driver input and will be noticed at low speeds up to the top speed of the vehicle.

Benefits of the Dinan Performance Spring Set for the G30 M550i:
  • 15% increase in spring stiffness in front and rear.
  • Lowers the vehicle 3/4" in the front and rear.

Note: Dinan Performance Spring sets should be purchased and installed with the corresponding Ride Quality and Handling Kit to achieve the advertised ride height, performance, and ride quality. While not explicitly required, if the matching component is not purchased and installed you will get less than favorable results in the form of poor ride quality and improper handling traits. While we will maintain a full warranty on product defects, any claims against the car's improper handling/ride quality traits due to not purchasing the corresponding handling kit will not be warranted.

Product Page(s)/Pricing:
Springs - https://www.dinancars.com/product/d1...ries&mid=1281/
Ride Quality and Handling Kit - https://www.dinancars.com/product/d1...ries&mid=1281/

Availability: Available Now.
Name:  550Springs.jpg
Views: 1926
Size:  433.8 KB
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 11:20 AM   #2
Canuck99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 M550i, '15 Jaguar F-Type R

Excellent! Definitely interested, taking delivery of an M550i soon. I've not used your products in the past, so apologies if the answers to the following questions are obvious...

Compatibility: no limitation in which options of the M550i suspension that this works with? BMW seems to mess with what's standard and bundled together in various markets. Here in Canada, the adaptive M suspension is standard and the active roll stabilization and rear steering are an optional package.

Ride Comfort: is it reasonable to assume that the spring change will stiffen up all ride modes, correct? Perhaps difficult to answer, I'm wondering how this would compare with the ride modes of a true M now? I'm hoping comfort mode will not be as harsh as the comfort mode in an M3 for example.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 12:21 PM   #3
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck99 View Post
Excellent! Definitely interested, taking delivery of an M550i soon. I've not used your products in the past, so apologies if the answers to the following questions are obvious...

Compatibility: no limitation in which options of the M550i suspension that this works with? BMW seems to mess with what's standard and bundled together in various markets. Here in Canada, the adaptive M suspension is standard and the active roll stabilization and rear steering are an optional package.

Ride Comfort: is it reasonable to assume that the spring change will stiffen up all ride modes, correct? Perhaps difficult to answer, I'm wondering how this would compare with the ride modes of a true M now? I'm hoping comfort mode will not be as harsh as the comfort mode in an M3 for example.

Thanks
Compatibility: Would work with all option packages.
Ride Comfort: Yes, it will stiffen up all ride modes. The ride is still very compliant and not like the M cars. Its still a luxury sedan but without the ridiculous amount of floatiness and it no longer pushes in the corners.
Appreciate 1
Canuck99112.50
      11-14-2017, 11:52 PM   #4
Drtjxtz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Car looks great with the drop .
Do you guys have any videos of the Dinan exhaust ?
When is it coming to the market ?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #5
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtjxtz View Post
Car looks great with the drop .
Do you guys have any videos of the Dinan exhaust ?
When is it coming to the market ?
No videos of the exhaust -- at least none that we want to put out into the market yet. =)

Looking at a January, 2018 release on the exhaust most likely.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2017, 05:13 AM   #6
NTTY
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: G30 M550xi

Nice, I'm tempted.

What are the wheels (width/ET)? I love them.
      11-27-2017, 09:48 AM   #7
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTTY View Post
Nice, I'm tempted.

What are the wheels (width/ET)? I love them.
At the time of SEMA we were running 20 x 9.5 Forgeline AR1's w/ 265/35-20 Michelin PS4's in front and 20 x 10.5 with 295/30-20 PS4's in the rear. We are still tweaking the formula though and playing with various tire sizes to bring the spread a bit closer to one another without causing the car to freak out.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 03:51 AM   #8
NTTY
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Thank you for your reply.
This is already a very nice fit. I am impressed you managed 9.5 for front wheels.
Going slightly oversized for the tires is a very good option to better fill the wheel arches. I like your approach.
I was initially thinking 9" front and 10" rear (with 255/35/20 and 285/30/20), but might consider other options looking at what you already achieved. I'll be following your developments.
      11-28-2017, 03:17 PM   #9
DGM M5C
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Dark Graphite M5C

Garage List
2022 M5 Comp  [0.00]
We have a Dinan dealer here at BMW of LR. How does this work? Do I order the parts through the Dinan website and take them to the dealership to install, or should I do the whole process through them? If so, are they supposed to go with the prices that you have on the site? I was just talking to the wife about getting springs for Christmas and this looks like they fit the bill nicely!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 04:08 PM   #10
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw_m550i View Post
We have a Dinan dealer here at BMW of LR. How does this work? Do I order the parts through the Dinan website and take them to the dealership to install, or should I do the whole process through them? If so, are they supposed to go with the prices that you have on the site? I was just talking to the wife about getting springs for Christmas and this looks like they fit the bill nicely!
You would want to go through BMW of LR and order it through them. Talk to Chris Brazeau in parts and he can assist. They would be selling at the same prices we list on our website. Best chance at a bundle deal would be to get everything through the dealer directly as some dealers frown on those who bring in their own parts and will either markup labor or refuse to install altogether. Not exactly great long term thinking but its dealership policies in some cases.
Appreciate 1
DGM M5C176.00
      11-29-2017, 06:55 PM   #11
DGM M5C
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Dark Graphite M5C

Garage List
2022 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Dealership quoted 9 hours of labor for the install. This is the number given to them from Dinan and therefore the total out the door is $1776. Looks like I'll be looking elsewhere for an aftermarket setup.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 08:13 AM   #12
NTTY
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Does this quote include the wheels alignment?
      11-30-2017, 08:41 AM   #13
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw_m550i View Post
Dealership quoted 9 hours of labor for the install. This is the number given to them from Dinan and therefore the total out the door is $1776. Looks like I'll be looking elsewhere for an aftermarket setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTTY View Post
Does this quote include the wheels alignment?
8.7 hours is what we list (includes alignment). Our times are based on BMW times for OEM parts since thats what we have to be copacetic with when being in the dealerships (won't install our parts if we are quoting times less then what an OEM equivalent would). This dealership, in theory, according to the above has a $200 hourly rate.

Regardless, you can get it installed anywhere you choose if desired. The only caveat when installed at a non-dealer is if there is an issue with the install warranty would not cover that. That said - it's springs - about as straightforward of an install as you can get so the chances of a botched install are pretty slim.
Appreciate 0