THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications AutoCarbon Splitter/Diffuser

01-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
DailySleeper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240xi

AutoCarbon Splitter/Diffuser

Anyone have any experience with the AutoCarbon brand of carbon fiber front splitter and rear diffuser that Bimmian sells? Doesn't seem to be many recent reviews across the forums in general. I'm really curious about the fitment as well as clear coat longevity.

I'm debating between going the carbon fiber route or something similar to this using pieces painted by IND, including rocker panel skirts (Combination of EB and Gloss Black).

Painted route:

Name:  THIS ONE.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  110.0 KB

Last edited by DailySleeper; 01-23-2018 at 03:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 06:56 AM   #2
Beau2795
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 F20 LCI 118d M Sport

Not to discourage you, but I ordered the GPS shark fin carbon overlay from AutoCarbon and the quality was really bad. You could literally see right through the carbon weave, the weave was also not consistent and there were a lot of imperfections and cracks in the clear coat. Decided to order from china for cheap and the quality was a lot better believe it or not
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 05:06 PM   #3
DailySleeper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2795 View Post
Not to discourage you, but I ordered the GPS shark fin carbon overlay from AutoCarbon and the quality was really bad. You could literally see right through the carbon weave, the weave was also not consistent and there were a lot of imperfections and cracks in the clear coat. Decided to order from china for cheap and the quality was a lot better believe it or not
Thanks! This is exactly the info I need. I think I'm sticking with painted MP parts. Been down the aftermarket carbon fiber body part path before, not sure I still have the patience for fitment issues.
Appreciate 0