THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA New M240i xdrive on its way to TO

02-01-2018, 06:08 AM   #1
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

New M240i xdrive on its way to TO

Hello all

Just ordered a 2018 M240i xdrive

specs:
alpine white
dakota black
black wheels
glass sunroof
m performance exhaust

I have been looking a long time for a car to replace my 2016 Cayman S and I loved the m240i

I was looking at m2's but I preferred the b58 over the n55. Less turbo lag and more torque. The b58 made the flat six in my cayman...feel well flat...
I also have tired of the ride in my sport suspension equipped cayman and the m240i rode better than the m2.

I really enjoyed driving the m240i and that was without the performance exhaust option

Hope to get the car in April or May and look forward to being a part of this small but mighty community
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 07:06 PM   #2
geminijatt
Rep
Drives: N/A

Hey
Congrats on ordering the car. I'm going to be ordering one this weekend as well. Did you get the performance tires or all season?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 08:15 PM   #3
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminijatt View Post
Hey
Congrats on ordering the car. I'm going to be ordering one this weekend as well. Did you get the performance tires or all season?
Pretty sure you only get the black wheels with summer only non- run flats. You can get the bi-color wheels in either RFT or non-RFT summer only's but not the black finish. Lord knows why.

Previous Cars: 2008' 135i, 2010' 328i, 2013' 328i, 2016' M235i, 2017' X1, 2019' M240i
Current Cars: 2019' X3, 2021' M3 Comp
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 08:22 AM   #4
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminijatt View Post
Hey
thx
first i got the all seasons then switched to performance as i decided i would bite the bullet and get dedicated winter tires and rims

i got the xdrive might as well complete the circle

good luck with the ordering

watch out for the unneeded dealer extras and the m car freight and pdi charges...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2018, 03:43 PM   #5
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e46 M3, SO/SB M4 MT

Congrats on your order. I purchased a vehicle shortly before end of December (wife's Christmas present ). It's a 6MT M240, sunset orange, cognac interior, black rims, performance exhaust and almost every option you can stuff on it lol. Last I heard a week or so ago it's at "status 193" (awaiting boat ride home). I'm hoping that it takes its sweet time since I do not want to purchase a set of snows should it arrive shortly before spring.

I had forgotten about the dealer up sell and useless packages- ugh, just hate going through that process again. Is there really *any* package worth getting? Most often than not, I just stay away - despite the entreaties of the cute young blond thing they use to convince me otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 02:17 PM   #6
ai388
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantdieselx View Post
Pretty sure you only get the black wheels with summer only non- run flats. You can get the bi-color wheels in either RFT or non-RFT summer only's but not the black finish. Lord knows why.
When I ordered my 2018, there was a choice between summers and all seasons and I went with the all seasons.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 09:10 PM   #7
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai388 View Post
Quote:
When I ordered my 2018, there was a choice between summers and all seasons and I went with the all seasons.
Yes but did you get the bi-color wheels or the all black?

Previous Cars: 2008' 135i, 2010' 328i, 2013' 328i, 2016' M235i, 2017' X1, 2019' M240i
Current Cars: 2019' X3, 2021' M3 Comp
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 12:24 PM   #8
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacxyzzy View Post
Congrats on your order. I purchased a vehicle shortly before end of December (wife's Christmas present ). It's a 6MT M240, sunset orange, cognac interior, black rims, performance exhaust and almost every option you can stuff on it lol. Last I heard a week or so ago it's at "status 193" (awaiting boat ride home). I'm hoping that it takes its sweet time since I do not want to purchase a set of snows should it arrive shortly before spring.

I had forgotten about the dealer up sell and useless packages- ugh, just hate going through that process again. Is there really *any* package worth getting? Most often than not, I just stay away - despite the entreaties of the cute young blond thing they use to convince me otherwise.
thx
mine just went to status 150 and is in the body shop today
i am hoping it arrives mid April...which will be the right timing for selling the cayman
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 08:33 PM   #9
ai388
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Yes but did you get the bi-color wheels or the all black?
The jet black wheels with all seasons.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #10
drbachata
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2000 540i 6-speed

Hey hacxyzzy I ordered around December too (late December). Mine has the following ticked:

-6 speed manual
-M Performance Exhaust
-Estoril Blue
-Black dakota leather (no blue stitching)
-Aluminum hexagon with black trim highlight
-Style 719M bi-color (staggered) with Michelin PSS *NON-RUN FLAT*
-Premium package enhanced
-Adaptive LED headlights (to get that hexagonal look)
-Storage compartment pack (because all my BMWs have had map pockets before lol!)

Vessel should be hitting Halifax tomorrow morning...from then on I am hoping and praying I have it in 2-3 weeks but that'll depend on weather and most important how staffed they are...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 05:29 AM   #11
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicomadrid20 View Post
Hey hacxyzzy I ordered around December too (late December). Mine has the following ticked:

-6 speed manual
-M Performance Exhaust
-Estoril Blue
-Black dakota leather (no blue stitching)
-Aluminum hexagon with black trim highlight
-Style 719M bi-color (staggered) with Michelin PSS *NON-RUN FLAT*
-Premium package enhanced
-Adaptive LED headlights (to get that hexagonal look)
-Storage compartment pack (because all my BMWs have had map pockets before lol!)

Vessel should be hitting Halifax tomorrow morning...from then on I am hoping and praying I have it in 2-3 weeks but that'll depend on weather and most important how staffed they are...

congrats, love the estoril blue, would have got that colour but the GF nixed that.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 05:50 PM   #12
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

I wanted the Estoril blue too but the wife had her heart set on the Sunset Orange - so SO it is I'm unfamiliar with the "Storage compartment pack" - what option code is that? I hadn't seen that listed anywhere when I ordered.

My car should be on the ship docking tomorrow according to my SA. I figure there's a few days before it gets put on the rail transport. Does anyone here have access to the CN logistics page?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 09:56 PM   #13
drbachata
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2000 540i 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacxyzzy View Post
I wanted the Estoril blue too but the wife had her heart set on the Sunset Orange - so SO it is I'm unfamiliar with the "Storage compartment pack" - what option code is that? I hadn't seen that listed anywhere when I ordered.

My car should be on the ship docking tomorrow according to my SA. I figure there's a few days before it gets put on the rail transport. Does anyone here have access to the CN logistics page?
hacxyzzy It's option 493!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 10:49 AM   #14
Bobby P
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i/VW MK7.5 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
Hello all

Just ordered a 2018 M240i xdrive

specs:
alpine white
dakota black
black wheels
glass sunroof
m performance exhaust

I have been looking a long time for a car to replace my 2016 Cayman S and I loved the m240i

I was looking at m2's but I preferred the b58 over the n55. Less turbo lag and more torque. The b58 made the flat six in my cayman...feel well flat...
I also have tired of the ride in my sport suspension equipped cayman and the m240i rode better than the m2.

I really enjoyed driving the m240i and that was without the performance exhaust option

Hope to get the car in April or May and look forward to being a part of this small but mighty community
Congrats! I have the same car! You will enjoy it, it's a really nice daily driver but shift it into sport or sport + and it such a blast to drive. Steering is precise and accurate, acceleration to kick you back to your seats and I love the M Performance exhaust - it's not overly loud, just right for my taste! My only gripe is that the steering feel can be unnecessarily heavy in sport ot sport + mode. Do you plan on getting any Dinan tunes done? Then it would be a proper missle! It's real quick stock as well - enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 08:37 AM   #15
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby P View Post
Congrats! I have the same car! You will enjoy it, it's a really nice daily driver but shift it into sport or sport + and it such a blast to drive. Steering is precise and accurate, acceleration to kick you back to your seats and I love the M Performance exhaust - it's not overly loud, just right for my taste! My only gripe is that the steering feel can be unnecessarily heavy in sport ot sport + mode. Do you plan on getting any Dinan tunes done? Then it would be a proper missle! It's real quick stock as well - enjoy!
thx...your car is specced the same?
i saw a white m240i x drive with black wheels travelling on adelaide near bay about 5 pm yesterday...was that you?

no tunes for me...its plenty fast as is
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 02:02 PM   #16
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
thx
mine just went to status 150 and is in the body shop today
i am hoping it arrives mid April...which will be the right timing for selling the cayman
How did you find out it was status 150? I've done the VIN decode and see mine hit production last wednesday but I cannot find the codes. I tried calling BMW canada and they were useless. I could probably ask the dealership to look it up but I am in the middle of something with them so don't want to call them right now.

Any other way?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 08:01 PM   #17
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike519 View Post
How did you find out it was status 150? I've done the VIN decode and see mine hit production last wednesday but I cannot find the codes. I tried calling BMW canada and they were useless. I could probably ask the dealership to look it up but I am in the middle of something with them so don't want to call them right now.

Any other way?
Unfortunately, it's not available online as it is in the US. The only way I've ever got this information is via my SA
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 08:59 PM   #18
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:

Any other way?
This is what you now need to do to track your car from Germany to Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryK View Post
Here is my experience so far:

-Used the VIN Decoder to find out when my car was built.
-As you know it is now not possible to track the loading onto the vessel of your as 2WGlobal have removed the feature (Customer ID) I called my dealer who could not tell me the bill of loading or customer ID "for security reasons"
- Called BMW Canada customer service. Clearly they use an offshore customer service company and they were nice but say that they know less than the dealer. They said they would give me the information if they had it!
- Tried to punch my VIN# into the US site and it did not work
- Decided to punch in the VIN# of the US car that was built after mine and got some info - the build # and the car's position on the build chain.
- Then called BMW Genius with that build # and was blown away with the US customer service. The guy was so nice and knew exactly what was happening with the car. Told me it was in quality control and was just released and would be on a train to the shipping yard on Monday or Tuesday but to call back and he would tell me the name of the ship!
**** Just shows you the difference between the US customer service and the poor excuse for customer service we Canadians accept. Clearly the car I have info on is not my car but I would guess that it is not unlikely that they will travel on the same ship if they are going to the same coast. ******
Quote:
It's tough. If your car was built on the 22nd it is unlikely it made to the "Patriot" (which is now in Sweden btw).
I am totally improvising with my car (finished 3 days after you on the 25th). My car is still on a train car in Leipzig - I Think.
Here's what I did - If you are up to it.
Found a car close to my VIN# and punched it into the US tracking site. Got a build number and with that called BMW Genius and found out exactly what was going on with that car. That way you have an idea at least. BMW Genius unlike the BMW Canada will give you the booking number and the bill of laden once they have them that way you can see the vin# being loaded and know which ship etc.
I would think you will be on the Glorious Leader that leaves on Feb 6th and gets into Halifax on the 19th or the Aniara that gets in on the 26th. In my experience it can take at least another 2 weeks from when your car is released in Halifax to arrive in Toronto and potentially another week before delivery. We are dealing with BMW Canada after all!

Quote:
I think it asks for your Production # or Vin #. Your Canadian VIN # will not work. Go to the Vindecoder and add one # to your Canadian Vin. Check to see that it is a US car (has the TSP and does not say KPH anywhere. Load that Vin # into the MyBMW site and it will give you a production #. When you sign up for the US site don't say you are from Canada or give any info except an email. Look up a US postal code etc. Once you have the US production number call BMW Genius. Don't give them your Canadian phone # if they ask just say you never use your phone or something like that.
Report how it goes.
This is the website you need to register on with the US VIN.

https://www.bmwusa.com/Secured/Conte...zdYy8uecJ3E%3d

The BMW genius will tell you the name of the ship you are on when the ship departs Bremerhaven for Halifax.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #19
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
This is what you now need to do to track your car from Germany to Canada.

This is the website you need to register on with the US VIN.

https://www.bmwusa.com/Secured/Conte...zdYy8uecJ3E%3d

The BMW genius will tell you the name of the ship you are on when the ship departs Bremerhaven for Halifax.
Thank you for your post. I have read through the various tracking posts, however, I am in Canada and cannot use the BMW USA website to track status. The fellow I was asking is Canadian so I had wondered if he had a line on another way to track aside from the dealer and BMW Canada phone.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #20
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Thank you for your post. I have read through the various tracking posts, however, I am in Canada and cannot use the BMW USA website to track status. The fellow I was asking is Canadian so I had wondered if he had a line on another way to track aside from the dealer and BMW Canada phone.
This is for Canadians.Once you know your VIN,go to the VIN decoder and put your VIN in to get your production date.Then you need to change the last number of of VIN,one number lower or greater.This will give you another 2 series car.Then make sure it is a US car and that it was built on the same day as your car.All of this info is listed in the VIN decoder.Then go to the BMW genius website and register the car,using the US VIN with a US user name,US address and US phone number.Once you do that it will give you the production number and production status.Then you can call the 1-800 number on the website and talk to a genius rep who will give you detailed production status info about your car.He will ask for your phone number.Just make sure you give him the same US phone number that you used when you registered on the website.The 1-800 number works from Canada.Because the US car has finished production the same day as your car it will be on the same ship from Bremerhaven.All of the ships from Germany go to Halifax first and then to the US ports along the east coast of the US,New York and then Baltimore.I just did this and it worked.My new M2 just arrived in Halifax on March 10.This is the only way to track the car now for Canadians because the W and W website doesn’t let you track the car on the ship anymore with the VIN.

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fra...uickSearchPage
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 06:20 AM   #21
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Any other way?
My SA, don't think there is another way.

Did you used to have a z4? I used to have a Z4 coupe and I think I remember you from Zpost...
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 08:48 PM   #22
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
My SA, don't think there is another way.

Did you used to have a z4? I used to have a Z4 coupe and I think I remember you from Zpost...
Yup that was me. 2006 Z4M in Sepang. Been away from Bimmer for a while (2014) but picking up my new M240i at the Welt in 2 months from tomorrow!
Appreciate 0