Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

02-14-2018, 04:34 PM   #1
M-Powah
Jack of all trades, master of none
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 MT ZCP

Performance Shop in Minnesota

I just recently moved to central Minnesota and looking for a performance shop I can trust to install pure turbos, clutch upgrade, and in house dyno and knowledge with BM3 platform would be preferable. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 08:45 PM   #2
alohatevs
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW M3

Welcome! I live in MN also. Not too many shops that I trust, but IMOLA pops into my head for the performance upgrades that you want to do.
Appreciate 1
M-Powah40.50
      02-19-2018, 08:10 AM   #3
M-Powah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohatevs View Post
Welcome! I live in MN also. Not too many shops that I trust, but IMOLA pops into my head for the performance upgrades that you want to do.
Thank you! I appreciate the suggestion. I reached out to a few of the aftermarket vendors I would be using for some suggestions or even see if any shops were authorized dealers, came up with nothing.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 11:22 AM   #4
alohatevs
Private
United_States
Rep

Did you figure out your tune situation yet? I'm supposed to be going BM3 Stage 2 soon. I found one of the best custom tuners. You don't need someone from MN. Just a dyno later on to test your power if you want to know hehe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Powah View Post
Thank you! I appreciate the suggestion. I reached out to a few of the aftermarket vendors I would be using for some suggestions or even see if any shops were authorized dealers, came up with nothing.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 12:42 PM   #5
M-Powah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did you figure out your tune situation yet? I'm supposed to be going BM3 Stage 2 soon. I found one of the best custom tuners. You don't need someone from MN. Just a dyno later on to test your power if you want to know hehe.
Quote:
I have had BM3 for 8 months now and have a few custom tunes. I'm looking for someone who can install pure turbos, and handle the crank hub fix. In house dyno or nearby location to do custom tune on a few fuels is also required as E85 only won't get it done unless I never take a road trip.

The tuner can work remotely to your point. Just need the dyno. FYI if you want the most out of your protune you will need a dyno.
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2018, 09:21 PM   #6
alohatevs
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have had BM3 for 8 months now and have a few custom tunes. I'm looking for someone who can install pure turbos, and handle the crank hub fix. In house dyno or nearby location to do custom tune on a few fuels is also required as E85 only won't get it done unless I never take a road trip.

The tuner can work remotely to your point. Just need the dyno. FYI if you want the most out of your protune you will need a dyno.
I appreciate the insight. I'm surprised I haven't seen your M3 around. Do you go to any meets?Did you try Eurotech yet? They could do it.
Appreciate 1
M-Powah40.50