BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > Run in service today courtesy car M3 comp :-)

02-23-2018, 05:49 AM   #1
Wilsm2
Mini Beast
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018

Hi all, taken the mini beast for its run in service today, brand new wheel waiting to be fitted :-) as well, i asked to speak with a teach guy to ask about the vibration for on cold start with the MPE, I told him I have read Bmw UK know how to fix the problem. To be honest it's not a issue as it's only approx 3-4 seconds. I will update when if they sort it out. The car is have its software update as well, and I have been informed the car is restricted till after the run in service.

My courtesy car is there M3 comp demo with a full tank of fuel, it won't be full at the end of the day lol. I know now what Everyone is saying about the sound. It sounds nice when started and then it's ok, you can hear the power but no grunt like the M2. The colour is like a brownie metallic they did say what it was called I can't remember, I like it, but my mate and daughter said it is nasty there words.
Attached Images

02-23-2018, 12:27 PM   #2
Wilsm2
Mini Beast
United Kingdom
Rep

Update, I can confirm the m2 is limited, I asked the question and head teach guy said once they change the oils and update the computer it automatically removes the restrictions. You can feel it in comfort mode. Before service you had to push peddle to start moving, now you just touch the peddle and it goes.

MPE still has the vibration on start up :-( Dealer has put forward a puma ( puma is a request for a fix for an issue they can't fix) to BMW Germany to see what they say.

My thought on the M3, sound, sounds nice on start up and that about it,

Wife like M2 seats better more comfortable, the doors felt very light or cheap when closing, no solid feel.

Drive, very nice but not as much fun as the m2,

Not worth the extra money and the the sales manger agreed and said, the m2 comp may be the same and a load more money.
      02-23-2018, 02:09 PM   #3
Slam Dunk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI DCT

Just had my run in service, dealer told me the same thing. Pretty sure I can feel a difference unless it's just placebo/wishful thinking.
Appreciate 1
Wilsm2187.50
      02-23-2018, 02:42 PM   #4
Philb65
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

What a rank colour that M3 is! Why would you get a demo in that??? Awful, someone at the dealership needs a good talking to!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 04:12 PM   #5
sh_kross
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Long Beach Blue M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
...I actually love that color for the M3...

Literally just fantasy built one with that color earlier today. I think it looks really nice and adds a lot of class. Only other color I would consider for the M3 is the Tanzanite Blue Metallic... really badass color.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 05:51 PM   #6
Wilsm2
Mini Beast
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philb65 View Post
What a rank colour that M3 is! Why would you get a demo in that??? Awful, someone at the dealership needs a good talking to!
It's not bad in real life, it's an individual colour small fortune
      02-23-2018, 05:53 PM   #7
Wilsm2
Mini Beast
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJWF87 View Post
Just had my run in service, dealer told me the same thing. Pretty sure I can feel a difference unless it's just placebo/wishful thinking.
I agree, you can feel it. Love the m2 even more
      02-25-2018, 02:30 AM   #8
Wilsm2
Mini Beast
United Kingdom
Rep

Wife drove the M2 yesterday after its run in service and said she thinks it sounds louder.