E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Carly says 10g on my regen.

02-26-2018, 08:01 PM   #1
AlpineX
Captain
Rep
Drives: Diesel

Carly says 10g on my regen.

After blissfully ignoring my regeneration frequency for 2-3k miles, I got carly out of the glovebox to see how things were looking. Great tool for monitoring things real time.

I caught the car initiating a regeneration (status4) with only 10g of soot. This is at 275km since last successful per ista, which matched the soot level from when I started watching, and also spot on to my average regeneration distance.

I can't think of any reason the car would request a regen while only at 10g and 175 mi. Last I watched, my dpf was regularly getting over 30g before regen. My inclination is to point to a wonky parameter reading getting skewed as sometimes happens in bluetooth obd readers, but I am also suspect of my differential sensor. I had to clean out my ex pressure sensor line 5k ago, and ultimately replaced that sensor (with notice to dde). Curious if my differential line or sensor is sooted up.

It's easy to get tempted to throw parts at it and call it 100k service (or fallout of late thermostat[rip ex pr sensor and line, ASV]), namely differential pressure sensor, MAF and MAP. I not sure what else would be included in the algorithm for calculating soot mass besides ambient pressure. Im at 105k, running well and no active or pending codes.

Any ideas? Is there a situation that defaults to 175 mi regenerations?
I have a minor top end service coming up shortly, vacuum lines, converters and such, oil feed line, like to address anything suspect while I am in there.
Thanks

Last edited by AlpineX; 02-27-2018 at 04:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 02:32 PM   #2
AlpineX
Captain
Rep
Drives: Diesel

Just went for a follow up drive. Car started in regen status6 and was 4 after a couple miles. Carly still liked the soot mass at 10g, burned it down to 2.7g before regen was caught short (at stoplight). Now Im starting out at 2.7g, will see how long until my soot mass builds up to regen.

Cliffs: historically 175 mile regens with over 30g soot. This time, 10g soot on 175 mile regen.
Appreciate 0