E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > NE! actually get the voice activated call work with the windows open.

06-10-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
DrGP
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sapphire 335i coupe

NE! actually get the voice activated call work with the windows open.

Last night I was driving in town @ 35-40 mph with windows down and sunroof open. Tried to use the voice actuated dialing to dial 411 for directory info. System would just not recognise the number "4". One time it repeated back to me 7## for 411. It got so bad that it became hilarious to me and the passengers. I even tired it while stopped at a traffic light to no avail. Gave commands , slow, fast, loud and soft. It just didn't matter.(F word inserted in command didn't work either) Reminded me of my previous experience with the Onstar system in my S4 that was worthless. I have had few problems with all windows closed.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
TambourineMan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi coupe

Most of the time I can't get mine to hear me with the windows up and the sunroof closed. Even if I shout it says "please speak" or "please repeat your request." I think the problem is that I am a native born American, not German. Oh and most people cannot tell where i was born from listening to me - so don't go thinking it is my down east Maine accent.
Appreciate 0