BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > Suspension Upgrade - Litchfield AST/ other

04-17-2018, 04:27 AM   #1
Howzer73
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2

Suspension Upgrade - Litchfield AST/ other

Interested to know if anyone has driven the Litchfield demo car? Or has upgraded their suspension to the AST system. I think this is the only major modification I am looking to make to my M2.

If anyone has had any other suspension modifications keen to know what and your thoughts on the changes versus the OEM setup e.g. M Performance system, springs, spacers etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 08:47 AM   #2
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howzer73 View Post
Interested to know if anyone has driven the Litchfield demo car? Or has upgraded their suspension to the AST system. I think this is the only major modification I am looking to make to my M2.

If anyone has had any other suspension modifications keen to know what and your thoughts on the changes versus the OEM setup e.g. M Performance system, springs, spacers etc.
I wrote about it on a AST thread, it's here somewhere
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 04:17 AM   #3
Howzer73
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by krizze View Post
I wrote about it on a AST thread, it's here somewhere
Thanks found it - definitely my next purchase I think.
Appreciate 1
krizze924.00
      04-19-2018, 05:54 AM   #4
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howzer73 View Post

Howzer,

I've added MP coilovers + -30min camber correction hub carriers to my M2.

Standard car is very good out of the box [I had a fettled - combo of Birds + OEM upgrades - M135i before the M2].

I wanted to improve stance and retain warranty - got a great deal on MP coils hence I jumped in. No regrets - still running BMW recommended height + strut/damper B&R settings with std 19" wheels and tyres. 1-up ride is slightly firmer and on a couple of long road trips ie 300-400miles 3- & 4-up - lots of compliments from my passengers !!!

Driven stock M2 at BMW TD's - impressive hence my comment above. Took mine to a TD post MP coil install and its very good - high thresholds and easy to feel when limits are close. I noted front tyre outer shoulders weren't scrubbed too badly - probably wasn't trying hard enough !!!

Having ran my M135i for ~ 4years with -2deg front camber c/o of Birds springs and F8x lower arms, I wanted a subtle increase in M2 front camber [~-1.5deg standard]. IMHO, -2 deg is best compromise for a DD that does ~ 6 TD's pa. Options I considered were

- adjustable non oem parts [lower bushes or SPL lower arms and Millway top mounts] or
- OEM camber correction hub carriers.

Latter is not cheap but oem fit and forget to gain extra -0.5 deg so now have -2deg upfront without any increase in NVH etc. Effect so far is more noticeable in wet/damp - front end grip and u/steer threshold is higher. On dry private roads/roundabouts we all use the turn-in stability is huge and rotation - about the centre of the car - feeling inspires more confidence wo bravado....

Cheers

BP

Last edited by Bee Pee; 04-19-2018 at 07:55 AM..
Appreciate 2