E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > My radio is really messed up...help?

06-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
PoweredByRICE
Elitist
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Coupe

My radio is really messed up...help?

About 2 weeks ago I started to get distortion from my speakers. My car is 3 months old, 328i Coupe, with the standard audio. I finally took it into the dealer. They said it was a defective amplifier, and replaced my amp and 2 speakers that they said were blown (or so they SAID they replaced my AMP). I also smelled a burning smell before they did this.

I just got my car back yesterday. Now, my subwoofers do not work whatsoever, I'm getting woofing sounds out of the speakers they just replaced (like they are blown), and my radio sounds like SHIT.

Has anyone had this issue? My SA is on lunch..but I'm going to blast them about this. I have to drive 130 miles one way to get to my dealer..and they can't even fix a problem. Better yet, I talked to a tech, who said they replaced the subwoofers and NOT the amplifier..but it says they replaced the AMP on the service receipt

Has anyone had issues or had a problem resolved like this so I know what to say? This is really becoming an annoying issue, my radio is absolutely screwed up at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 12:10 PM   #2
PoweredByRICE
Elitist
Rep

Well I called back and flipped out on them..and they told me I had a leak (which they supposedly fixed) in my rear taillight that leaked INTO my amplifier and basically fried everything and they replaced 2 speakers and the amp..I'm assuming it fried everything else too..now they are "researching" it..sigh
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 12:25 PM   #3
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
yeah, "researching" is their answer when they want to get rid of you.

shop foreman from my dealer was supposed to research a problem with my cd player and call me back the next day.... 4 days later no call.
actually some girl called last night asking if i was satisfied with the repair.
and swore that she will have the shop foreman call me "first thing tomorrow morning" still no call
      06-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
PoweredByRICE
Elitist
Rep

So they supposedly fixed it. Got it home, 2 more speakers blew, and my subwoofers stopped working completely. Now its back in the shop again, and I'm stuck with a 328xi wagon..sigh. This is obviously a really bad electrical issue..it was so bad I could feel the electricity grounding through my rubber pedals. On top of that..I had to complain to my SA because we all know how soft aluminum trim is, well the tech put dents and scratches in my trim and I complained and they are ordering me a new piece.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #5
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredByRICE View Post
So they supposedly fixed it. Got it home, 2 more speakers blew, and my subwoofers stopped working completely. Now its back in the shop again, and I'm stuck with a 328xi wagon..sigh. This is obviously a really bad electrical issue..it was so bad I could feel the electricity grounding through my rubber pedals. On top of that..I had to complain to my SA because we all know how soft aluminum trim is, well the tech put dents and scratches in my trim and I complained and they are ordering me a new piece.
That's not a dealer, that's a butcher shop...
Appreciate 0