Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

05-20-2018, 03:06 PM   #1
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Resonator delete

So before i got my m5 I had every intention of straight piping from axle back. After hearing the cold start in the morning I am unsure if this would be a good thing to do.
The biggest problem I have is I live on a road with street parking only and i don t want to upset the neighbours with the noisy cold start. I'm paranoid that someone will purposely damage it.

Overall I'm quite happy with the sound of all stock exhaust, it sounds so much better in person than they do online. I would however like the gunshot sounds to be louder and happen more often. I read that the resonator delete helps with this and has little affect on exhaust volume during cold start and low rpms? Can anybody comment on this? Taking into consideration that I don't want my cold start to be any louder than it already is with the flaps permanently open on the standard exhaust.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 07:13 PM   #2
Pikey Motorsports
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Rear box delete is definetley louder on cold start
Appreciate 0