E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > **********s terrible cust. service.

06-30-2008, 08:40 AM   #1
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

**********s terrible cust. service.

Over the past year I have ordered from this company four times. I think I have finally learned my lesson and will NEVER buy from them again.

First order was for a set of m6 reps. They came shipped in plastic wrap, completely damaged. I had to fight with them for several weeks to get them to replace the wheels. Next order was for the driver side door handle/lock delete. It was prepainted jet black. The paint was literally flaking off of it when I received it..guess what, no help again. Had to take it to a body shop and get it sanded and repainted.

So a couple months ago they started advertising their Vinyl headlight covers. Right away I bought a set of the black CF and installed them. They looked great! Then in a few days they MELTED..they said it was user error, so I got another set..again; 3 days and they melted. At this point it was a known problem, as there was several posts on E90 post regarding the problem..still no help from **********s, or their manufacturer of the product, Vitex.

Then one of my miro wheels bent..so I bought a new one last week. I really should have known better, but I had a bent rim and needed a new one, so I ordered from **********s. I was in a rush so I brought it to the tire shop and had them put it on. Got my car back, and the wheel doesn't match the others. Apparently Miro changed the clear coat, making the new wheel look darker than the others. Again, no help from **********s. They said sorry, you took it out of the box, you own it. Now I am stuck with mis-matched wheels.

These people are AWFUL. They are rude on the phone, and don't give a fuck about their customers once they get their money. I would suggest that anyone looking to buy a product from them go elsewhere, and save yourself the trouble.

Last edited by jcarlucci1; 07-01-2008 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
NJE93M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 Interlagos Blue

wooow that is definately not good. I was just about to order a set of M6 reps from **********s.

Last thing I want is damaged wheels when I receive them?!?! That would not be good. Kinda wierd cause I do remember reading about great service from them.

I do remember reading that the M6 rep color fades...maybe that has something to do with the mismatch??
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #3
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Definitely not good at all.....but if you had a past history with them (Bad one) why did you purchased from them again and again?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
kennethpetro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i JB/Black Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post
Definitely not good at all.....but if you had a past history with them (Bad one) why did you purchased from them again and again?
I agree with the above comment.

FYI - i ordered a set of Beyern Black Mesh wheels w/ General UHP's w/ OEM TPMS and they came in PERFECT condition. I can't say anything bad about them, other than them taking a little long because the rear tires weren't in stock, but that's not their fault. They're really just the middle man when it comes to these wheels but everybody has a different story in terms of good customer service. I would recommend them to other people.
2011 Jet Black 328i, 6-Speed Manual, Black Dakota Leather, Brushed Aluminum, Harmon Kardon w/ Surround Sound, Navi, BMW Apps, iPod & USB Adapter, BMW Assist w/ Bluetooth, Full LED Interior, 6000k HID Fogs, Matte Black Kidney Grills, M3 Lip Spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, 19" Beyern Black Mesh *19x8.5 front(ET40)* *19x9.5 rear(ET30)*
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethpetro View Post
I agree with the above comment.

FYI - i ordered a set of Beyern Black Mesh wheels w/ General UHP's w/ OEM TPMS and they came in PERFECT condition. I can't say anything bad about them, other than them taking a little long because the rear tires weren't in stock, but that's not their fault. They're really just the middle man when it comes to these wheels but everybody has a different story in terms of good customer service. I would recommend them to other people.
I agree..the reason I ordered the m6 rep from them was because I was so worried about making sure the new wheel matched..Ironic huh? I figured there may be slight differences depending on where I ordered from.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBMW335i View Post
wooow that is definately not good. I was just about to order a set of M6 reps from **********s.

Last thing I want is damaged wheels when I receive them?!?! That would not be good. Kinda wierd cause I do remember reading about great service from them.

I do remember reading that the M6 rep color fades...maybe that has something to do with the mismatch??
There are several other vendors here who sell the M6 reps..some of them cheaper. If you have problems with the wheel from **********s, they WILL NOT fix it.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #7
WAYNEBO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I was going to pull the trigger on multiple items for both my e92 and my F250, but after seeing a pattern of bad posts regarding their customer service, among other issues (namely fricken gas prices!), I dropped my mod list. IMO, seems to me they have grown bigger than their infrastructure has. I used to admire their grass-roots style of marketing and CS. Now its all about making enough to cover overhead each month.
      06-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #8
Mike@ModBargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Hi Josh,

First off thank you for your repeat business over the past year, we appreciate it. We are sorry for the problem you are currently having.

In regards to your first order for wheels, I am confused when it says they were shipped in plastic wrap? Was it wheels only or wheels with tires? I've never seen any of our orders just shipped in plastic, I know for a fact that today with our current suppliers they are all shipping in reinforced corrugated cardboard. If your's was not properly packaged, I am sorry. It sounds like that issue was taken care of by our customer service team and that it was made right for you.

With the Vitex orders, we sent you a free replacement after the first one, correct?. I searched my emails for your report about a second problem but didn't find anything in my history. You'll have to forgive me but I do receive over 300 e-mails a day so I don't specifically remember your issue, but I am sure if we were notified of it we would have taken care of it for you, given you store credit, or something to take care of you. If we didn't, you have my apologies.

In regards to your current wheel order, you spoke to numerous people here at **********s and eventually it wound up with me. I spoke to you on the phone, spoke to Miro on your behalf to see if anything could be done for you. Miro did a clear-coat upgrade about a year ago which apparently makes the wheels slightly darker in finish. Therefore it is not a 100% match to the wheels you got before the clear-coat upgrade.

We did look into all options on this for you to try to help you. I even had Miro do a warehouse-wide check to see if they had any of their older wheels left in stock. I checked our own display wheel here in the office to see if it was the size/offset you needed. We were out of luck on all options. I asked if the wheel was still in the original packaging so it could be returned to us (no restocking fees). You said no, a tire had already been mounted/balanced and it was installed on the car. Of course, under those circumstances, the wheel is now used and is not returnable to the retailer. If the wheel was still in the box without a tire in it, it could be returned for a full refund.

It's a very tough situation and I am sorry. However I feel that in all cases **********s has been here to answer all of your e-mails and phone calls about your products over the past year.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 02:42 PM   #9
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Sorry, but in my opinion this is terrbile customer service. First of all, your sales rep knew that I originally ordered the miro wheels before the changes were made. All he had to do was let me know and this never would have happened. Now I am stuck with mismatched wheels on a $50k car, and the only way I can fix it is to buy another $1000 set of wheels. PS. It is not a SLIGHT difference in the color. It is very noticeable I have 3 gunmetal(light grey) and one black rim.

Secondly, If you cared about customer service at all you could have found a way to make this right. Telling a customer that they can not return a wheel because it has been removed from the box is ridiculous.

And yes, my original wheels and tires were shipped in plastic wrap and damaged badly.

And the 2nd pair of amber covers melted within a few days, just like many of the other people on this board..You still won't admit there was a problem, even though you had to have Vitex redesign the covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike************ View Post
Hi Josh,

First off thank you for your repeat business over the past year, we appreciate it. We are sorry for the problem you are currently having.

In regards to your first order for wheels, I am confused when it says they were shipped in plastic wrap? Was it wheels only or wheels with tires? I've never seen any of our orders just shipped in plastic, I know for a fact that today with our current suppliers they are all shipping in reinforced corrugated cardboard. If your's was not properly packaged, I am sorry. It sounds like that issue was taken care of by our customer service team and that it was made right for you.

With the Vitex orders, we sent you a free replacement after the first one, correct?. I searched my emails for your report about a second problem but didn't find anything in my history. You'll have to forgive me but I do receive over 300 e-mails a day so I don't specifically remember your issue, but I am sure if we were notified of it we would have taken care of it for you, given you store credit, or something to take care of you. If we didn't, you have my apologies.

In regards to your current wheel order, you spoke to numerous people here at **********s and eventually it wound up with me. I spoke to you on the phone, spoke to Miro on your behalf to see if anything could be done for you. Miro did a clear-coat upgrade about a year ago which apparently makes the wheels slightly darker in finish. Therefore it is not a 100% match to the wheels you got before the clear-coat upgrade.

We did look into all options on this for you to try to help you. I even had Miro do a warehouse-wide check to see if they had any of their older wheels left in stock. I checked our own display wheel here in the office to see if it was the size/offset you needed. We were out of luck on all options. I asked if the wheel was still in the original packaging so it could be returned to us (no restocking fees). You said no, a tire had already been mounted/balanced and it was installed on the car. Of course, under those circumstances, the wheel is now used and is not returnable to the retailer. If the wheel was still in the box without a tire in it, it could be returned for a full refund.

It's a very tough situation and I am sorry. However I feel that in all cases **********s has been here to answer all of your e-mails and phone calls about your products over the past year.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #10
Mike@ModBargains
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlucci1 View Post
Sorry, but in my opinion this is terrbile customer service. First of all, your sales rep knew that I originally ordered the miro wheels before the changes were made. All he had to do was let me know and this never would have happened. Now I am stuck with mismatched wheels on a $50k car, and the only way I can fix it is to buy another $1000 set of wheels. PS. It is not a SLIGHT difference in the color. It is very noticeable I have 3 gunmetal(light grey) and one black rim.

Secondly, If you cared about customer service at all you could have found a way to make this right. Telling a customer that they can not return a wheel because it has been removed from the box is ridiculous.

And yes, my original wheels and tires were shipped in plastic wrap and damaged badly.

And the 2nd pair of amber covers melted within a few days, just like many of the other people on this board..You still won't admit there was a problem, even though you had to have Vitex redesign the covers.
Hi Josh,

I can understand why you are upset, and you have my apologies. Can you please send me a picture of your car with the wheels (I asked for this but it was never sent).

I did not say that you cannot return the wheel if it was removed from the box, you must have misunderstood. I told you that you cannot return a wheel that has 1) had a tire installed on it and 2) been installed onto your car and then driven on the street.

Was your original situation not taken care of? I am sure you got 4 wheels and 4 tires in perfect condition from us on your original order. That seems to be settled. A mistake was made, it was taken care of at our expense. Did you need us to do something else there?

With the vitex, the revision was done to the size and shape of the covers to make it cover even more of the amber. I do not recall any material changes being made, but I am not the sales rep on that product usually. Again, I don't have any emails from you reporting your second problem. Was it reported to us or did you just decide to hold a grudge against us and then slam us on the forums later for it at your convenience? If it was reported and not taken care of, that was an oversight on our part and it can be taken care of. If it was not reported, you have no right to complain about it and slam us for it on a public forum. Let me know on that one, I'll take care of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #11
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

Quote:

hmm Sounds to me both sides should kiss and make up josh it is not easy to make everyone happy and the new clear coat im sure was not known by the sales guys! ppl need to simmer before flamming a business like this it affects there lively hood but I also think **********s should discount that wheel as they should not make profit nor eat exspence! but deff selling that one wheel to you for a lesser amount might take the sting out
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 04:08 PM   #12
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedoutbimmer View Post
hmm Sounds to me both sides should kiss and make up josh it is not easy to make everyone happy and the new clear coat im sure was not known by the sales guys! ppl need to simmer before flamming a business like this it affects there lively hood but I also think **********s should discount that wheel as they should not make profit nor eat exspence! but deff selling that one wheel to you for a lesser amount might take the sting out
There is no reason the sales people shouldnt know about this, and be smart enough to mention it when a customer buys one to replace an existing wheel. If you look back at old **********s posts, they mention many times about the changes in Miro wheels. Unfortunately I did not know this before, but it is irresponsible for them to not mention it. Im seriously pissed off that I have non matching rims on my car and cant do a damn thing about it..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 04:12 PM   #13
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Im sick of taking pics every damn time I buy something from you..EVERY TIME. You said you can't do anything..but now that I posted on here you can?

Quote:
Hi Josh,

I can understand why you are upset, and you have my apologies. Can you please send me a picture of your car with the wheels (I asked for this but it was never sent).

I did not say that you cannot return the wheel if it was removed from the box, you must have misunderstood. I told you that you cannot return a wheel that has 1) had a tire installed on it and 2) been installed onto your car and then driven on the street.

Was your original situation not taken care of? I am sure you got 4 wheels and 4 tires in perfect condition from us on your original order. That seems to be settled. A mistake was made, it was taken care of at our expense. Did you need us to do something else there?

With the vitex, the revision was done to the size and shape of the covers to make it cover even more of the amber. I do not recall any material changes being made, but I am not the sales rep on that product usually. Again, I don't have any emails from you reporting your second problem. Was it reported to us or did you just decide to hold a grudge against us and then slam us on the forums later for it at your convenience? If it was reported and not taken care of, that was an oversight on our part and it can be taken care of. If it was not reported, you have no right to complain about it and slam us for it on a public forum. Let me know on that one, I'll take care of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #14
Mike@ModBargains
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Im sick of taking pics every damn time I buy something from you..EVERY TIME. You said you can't do anything..but now that I posted on here you can?
That kind of attitude will get you nowhere. Can you not see that I am trying to help and am being open about the situation? If you don't want to take a picture, you don't have to then.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #15
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

Quote:
dude seriously you are looking like a bit of jerk its ok to be mad but if they want to help let them! sell all four wheels and have ********** give you a nice discount for the troubles make it simple then you will have a matching set!! and im a hot head too but seriously let them make it right and save your self the high blood pressure
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #16
E92_335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

jeez josh i agree with mike. that attitude will get you NOWHERE in life. loosen up a bit not everyone is perfect and shit happens.. you forgive people and move on with life

stop fussin about small problems bro
      06-30-2008, 06:55 PM   #17
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
Rep
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport

So you were stupid enough to mount a black rim with your 3 gunmetal rims?

And you are complaining?

Wow.
      06-30-2008, 08:35 PM   #18
Kbueno
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
That kind of attitude will get you nowhere. Can you not see that I am trying to help and am being open about the situation? If you don't want to take a picture, you don't have to then.
Sounds like he's frustrated with the situation and it shouldn't take the CEO to make something happen. I chose not to post my negative experience with **********s but will just say it took another vendor who was willing to help me out for a **********s order!?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 10:30 PM   #19
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedoutbimmer View Post
dude seriously you are looking like a bit of jerk its ok to be mad but if they want to help let them! sell all four wheels and have ********** give you a nice discount for the troubles make it simple then you will have a matching set!! and im a hot head too but seriously let them make it right and save your self the high blood pressure
You guys can think whatever you want at this point I don't really care..I sent him several emails saying I would even be willing to buy FOUR MORE wheels from them if they would give me a discount. I got no response to the emails, and no returned phone calls. I was repeatedly told that they could not help me, but in typical **********s fashion, as soon as a complaint is publicly posted, mike is the nicest guy in the world..Like I said before I'm not wasting my time taking any more pics of their defective products. Look at all the other posts about their customer service before you start calling me a jerk.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #20
Mike@ModBargains
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You guys can think whatever you want at this point I don't really care..I sent him several emails saying I would even be willing to buy FOUR MORE wheels from them if they would give me a discount. I got no response to the emails, and no returned phone calls. I was repeatedly told that they could not help me, but in typical **********s fashion, as soon as a complaint is publicly posted, mike is the nicest guy in the world..Like I said before I'm not wasting my time taking any more pics of their defective products. Look at all the other posts about their customer service before you start calling me a jerk.
Ok, that's enough Josh! Now you are just flat out LYING.

You never offered to purchase new wheels, you never said ANYTHING like that. You're a liar.

We've always responded to every single one of your emails. We've always responded to every single one of your phone calls.

You are a liar. Do you want 4 new wheels? I will give them to you heavily discounted!! But don't say you already asked for that. I just checked through all of my e-mails from the past 6 months (just to be sure) and you NEVER mentioned anything like this! I checked my e-mail, Ron's, and James's, as well as the orders************.com email.

NOTHING. Don't make things up.

"in typical **********s fashion" you say. Actually, I'm typically known for being very aggressive when people try to destroy my company's reputation. I'm known as a "hot head" and somebody that isn't very nice here to customers complaining on the forums. That's changed recently, as I realized that is not the best way to handle issues.

BUT DO NOT LIE ABOUT MY COMPANY OR THINGS YOU HAVE OFFERED.

What is your problem anyways??? On the phone you accepted responsibility for putting a wheel on your car without checking it first. You said you understood that there wasn't anything I could do, but thanks for trying.

Then you blindside us with a thread and LIE TO OTHER E90POST members???? Give me a break.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 10:47 PM   #21
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Call me a liar again..its not hard for me to go into my email and pull out the sent email.. sent 6/26/08 @ 4:51pm

here's the REAL **********s for you guys..This is the CEO acting like a little kid, calling me a liar. Better check your emails again mike, because its there, and I'll prove it to everyone on here

Every one of my emails and phone calls? Is that a joke? 1 out of 3, maybe. And I still have all those old emails asking you why you never respond to my emails

Quote:
Ok, that's enough Josh! Now you are just flat out LYING.

You never offered to purchase new wheels, you never said ANYTHING like that. You're a liar.

We've always responded to every single one of your emails. We've always responded to every single one of your phone calls.

You are a liar. Do you want 4 new wheels? I will give them to you heavily discounted!! But don't say you already asked for that. I just checked through all of my e-mails from the past 6 months (just to be sure) and you NEVER mentioned anything like this! I checked my e-mail, Ron's, and James's, as well as the orders************.com email.

NOTHING. Don't make things up.

"in typical **********s fashion" you say. Actually, I'm typically known for being very aggressive when people try to destroy my company's reputation. I'm known as a "hot head" and somebody that isn't very nice here to customers complaining on the forums. That's changed recently, as I realized that is not the best way to handle issues.

BUT DO NOT LIE ABOUT MY COMPANY OR THINGS YOU HAVE OFFERED.

What is your problem anyways??? On the phone you accepted responsibility for putting a wheel on your car without checking it first. You said you understood that there wasn't anything I could do, but thanks for trying.

Then you blindside us with a thread and LIE TO OTHER E90POST members???? Give me a break.

Last edited by jcarlucci1; 06-30-2008 at 11:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #22
Mike@ModBargains
United_States
Rep

This is the ONLY email you have sent to me in the last 3 months:

Quote:
Originally Posted by email
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:32 AM
To: mike************.com
Subject: miro wheel

Mike,
Can you let me know what you found out from Miro regarding my wheel? Do they
have any of the older style in stock?
Josh

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:36 AM
Subject: RE: miro wheel
To: josh carlucci <........@yahoo.com>

Hey Josh,

They don't have any of the older ones in stock.

Mike Brown
www.**********s.com
It took me a whole 4 minutes to respond to you. TERRRRRRIBLE customer service, right?

Look, Josh, I am being reasonable with you here. Yes, you are making up the fact that you say you emailed me offering to pay for a set of four wheels. Yes, you are making up the fact that you say you "left messages" for us that we did not return. REALLY? We don't have voicemail on our phones, buddy! All calls are answered during business hours and handled on the spot. Calls are not allowed in during non-business hours, it just goes to a recording.

Do you want to pay for 4 wheels or not? I'll call your bluff.
Appreciate 0