BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-08-2018, 09:40 AM   #1
iiAtlas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '18 X5, '18 718, '19 X5

What am I missing by executing this build now?

Hello folks!

I recent change of pace has me ordering another X5. We currently have an F15 and are in love. The G05 will be a "clone" as close as I can get it. I am very unhappy with the trim choices... my favorite was the burled walnut in the F15. Anthracite brown matte seemed as close as I could get it.

Build: https://www.bmwusa.com/byo.html#!/bu...mmary/dqsqk6z5

My main question is -- what am I MISSING by sending this build to production now? I keep seeing mention of some more options coming availible in December. Is there a concrete list anywhere? Or is it more hush hush. If there are any must-haves down the pipeline, I suppose I could try to show some modicum of patience and wait until December.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 09:44 AM   #2
ILM_X5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

The Option Guide and Pricing Guide in a sticky thread on this forum have all the information.
      10-08-2018, 09:47 AM   #3
iiAtlas
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT_X5 View Post
The Option Guide and Pricing Guide in a sticky thread on this forum have all the information.
D'oh! I will crawl through that now... I am sorry I did not see it before! Thanks.

EDIT: I see now, SOP/EOP -- the text was so small I couldn't see! Thanks again.

Last edited by iiAtlas; 10-08-2018 at 09:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 09:57 AM   #4
iiAtlas
Enlisted Member
Rep

Okay a quick look through reveals the following (which I care about)

5DF Active Cruise Control

ZDB Driving Assistance Plus Package END OF PRODUCTION
becoming -> ZDY Driving Assistance Professional Package

Doesn't look like the burled walnut will be coming back anytime soon so I will have to accept (and look at a sample of) the Matte anthracite wood.

The active cruise control and Driving Assistance Professional Package are of extreme interest to me, as the main reason to go for another one of these is the improved self driving capabilities over the F15. I looked, but was not able to find any significant information on what the difference between ZDB and ZDY is, apart from the addition of "5AR Extended Traffic Jam Assistant for limited access highways". Does anyone know, or know how I can find out? My dealer has been less than helpful..

Thanks!

EDIT: What I could gather regarding 5AR so far..

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1537078
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #5
ScottMZ3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiAtlas View Post
Okay a quick look through reveals the following (which I care about)

5DF Active Cruise Control

ZDB Driving Assistance Plus Package END OF PRODUCTION
becoming -> ZDY Driving Assistance Professional Package

Doesn't look like the burled walnut will be coming back anytime soon so I will have to accept (and look at a sample of) the Matte anthracite wood.

The active cruise control and Driving Assistance Professional Package are of extreme interest to me, as the main reason to go for another one of these is the improved self driving capabilities over the F15. I looked, but was not able to find any significant information on what the difference between ZDB and ZDY is, apart from the addition of "5AR Extended Traffic Jam Assistant for limited access highways". Does anyone know, or know how I can find out? My dealer has been less than helpful..

Thanks!

EDIT: What I could gather regarding 5AR so far..

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1537078
"5AR Extended Traffic Jam Assistant for limited access highways" is the only difference between the two packages. 5AR will let you be "hands-off" for an unlimited amount of time if you are below either 45mph or 37mph (I forget which) on certain interstate and highways in the US.

The standard Traffic Jam Assistant only lets you take your hands off the wheel for 45-60 seconds at time when under 37mph I believe.

So unless you spend a HUGE amount of time stuck in traffic on major freeways in the US and want to take your hands off the wheel, there isn't any difference between the 2 packages.

Also, 5DF (Active Cruise Control) is included in either of the Driving Assistance Packages (ACC w/Stop & Go). I believe it just becomes a stand alone option starting with Dec builds.
Appreciate 1
iiAtlas18.00
      10-09-2018, 10:02 AM   #6
iiAtlas
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMZ3 View Post
"5AR Extended Traffic Jam Assistant for limited access highways" is the only difference between the two packages. 5AR will let you be "hands-off" for an unlimited amount of time if you are below either 45mph or 37mph (I forget which) on certain interstate and highways in the US.

The standard Traffic Jam Assistant only lets you take your hands off the wheel for 45-60 seconds at time when under 37mph I believe.

So unless you spend a HUGE amount of time stuck in traffic on major freeways in the US and want to take your hands off the wheel, there isn't any difference between the 2 packages.

Also, 5DF (Active Cruise Control) is included in either of the Driving Assistance Packages (ACC w/Stop & Go). I believe it just becomes a stand alone option starting with Dec builds.
Thanks you Scott!!!! Yes, being in NYC, I do spend a HUGE amount of time in traffic under 37mph.... I will be waiting until December to push this build through. Thank you!
Appreciate 0