BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

07-06-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep
Drives: ????

Unhappy Scratched BBS LM-R :(

So I got my lm-r's on this past thursday, and the same night at a meet I notice a pretty big scratch in the center portion of the front right rim, right next to the bolts - It's not terrible and from a foot away it's barely noticeable, but it's enough to bother me, and Im pretty sure it happened when they were either mounting tires or putting the wheels/tires on the car, as I was not present for either of these - my question is can this be repaired without any noticeable change to the rim? It's the brilliant silver finish, and this is partially why I haven't posted pics of my new setup yet - Im going to try to research wheel/rim repair shops this week, but for BRAND NEW rims this is a major downer and Im really considering buying (or asking my shop to spring for) a new center portion - can somebody please help ease my mental anguish? thank you
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 04:13 AM   #2
IWC Doppel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socale92 View Post
So I got my lm-r's on this past thursday, and the same night at a meet I notice a pretty big scratch in the center portion of the front right rim, right next to the bolts - It's not terrible and from a foot away it's barely noticeable, but it's enough to bother me, and Im pretty sure it happened when they were either mounting tires or putting the wheels/tires on the car, as I was not present for either of these - my question is can this be repaired without any noticeable change to the rim? It's the brilliant silver finish, and this is partially why I haven't posted pics of my new setup yet - Im going to try to research wheel/rim repair shops this week, but for BRAND NEW rims this is a major downer and Im really considering buying (or asking my shop to spring for) a new center portion - can somebody please help ease my mental anguish? thank you
I did have LM's and touched up the face of the silver painted rim with paint to match on one opccasion. It might just be the lacquer so treat it like car bodywork and see what you can polish out. If its the very outer rim (rolled edge) if you look carefully this is actually painted and not polished ( Just the 5-10mm edge) so you can use toch up paint if you kiss a kerb anyway

The silver paint is very difficult to spot, I had my rims for month before I noticed !
Appreciate 0