F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > EUROPE (Continental) > (Rant) Can't sell my 330d in Germany :(
ARMA SPEED

12-10-2018, 06:05 AM   #1
GoranBonn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 330d SB

(Rant) Can't sell my 330d in Germany :(

Just need to vent a bit, as I've been trying to sell my 2013 330d for months now with no success whatsoever. The car's value is dropping like a brick since they started banning diesels in German cities.

Even with a diesel cashback bonus of 4000-5000 eur given by a number of manufacturers for selling your euro4/euro5 diesel back to them and buying a new car, they still screwed the consumers over. The purchase value of used diesels dropped by about 5k euro in the last months, conveniently for the buyback offer to go back to the same lowball offers I was quoted some months ago.

The only cars which seem to be moving in the market are low-end cars, bought for peanuts. Selling a well-kept, super equipped 330d gets me no price benefit over a lease special 320d or 325d at best. I've reached out to people in other EU countries as well, but seems so many diesels are being dumped right now that the market is totally flooded.

At the beginning of the year, my car was estimated at 27k eur value. Let's say that was optimistic and that I could have sold it for 25k. Back then dealers were offering me around 20k.

Last two months, I'm being offered 16k eur. And this for a 330d with 83k on the clock, with beige leather, HUD, ACC, surround view, electric seats, self-parking, adaptive xenons, blind spot monitoring, speed limit info, dascham, and two sets of wheels.

The market is totally flooded - I'm advertising it on mobile.de and there are no callers even at a price of 21k. At one place the dealer even showed me a list of of posted cars and how long the ads are up - the cars are all up for months.

UPDATE:
After the last two private dealers didn't even want to make me an offer for the car, since it's euro5 and too expensive for them to be able to sell it in Eastern Europe, I sold it back to BMW and traded it for a Mini Cooper S.

Last edited by GoranBonn; 12-14-2018 at 05:04 AM..
Appreciate 0