E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Radio on until doors lock???

07-15-2008, 07:18 AM   #1
JCN83
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Radio on until doors lock???

Okay, just picked up a new e90...figured most everything out but this!

When music is playing and I park the car (turn off the ignition) music stays ON...indefinitely? i left the car unlocked an came back like 20 minutes later...radio was still on.

Can i change this setting? i don't like this "feature"...i don't like to lock my doors all the time.
      07-15-2008, 07:53 AM   #2
KillDork
First Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: E90 MY '06 320D

This is normal with Comfort Access, just push the start/stop button once more, or hold it for a longer period.
All will shut off and down.
Aluminium trim|black Dakota leather|Xenon|Comfort Access|Sports seats|Steptronic|iDrive Professional|Bluetooth|Voice|PDC front & rear|sun shade rear window & sides|auto dim outside & inside mirrors|Comfort|Dynamic|Advantage
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 08:16 AM   #3
TaTaToothy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i and 2002 M3

FWIW I love this feature - it feels like I have a soundtrack walking away from my car! I agree that if you don't always lock it this would be a nuisance, though, so it's good it can be defeated.

2002 M3 - 6MT - Jet Black over black leather - Xenon, power seats and H/K - no sunroof
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 08:23 AM   #4
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

I'll admit, this confused the hell out of me the first time I drove the car home. I pulled into my parking spot at the apartment, and some people were walking past in front of me looking at the car, I pushed the button to turn off the car, music kept playing... thought "oh, i need to push it again?", so I pushed it again. Little did I know, I still had my foot on the clutch. I'm used to big loud V8s, so I didn't even notice it start again with the radio on, that didn't turn off the radio obviously, so I said oh well, left my foot off the clutch, EEERRRT, shit, the engine was on? Now, with people looking at me like I'm an idiot, and flustered, for some reason I push the clutch back in and hit the button again, starting it again (the push button takes a little while to get used to, haha), luckily this time I realized, and turned it back off the right way. But in the process of about 5 seconds I stall the car, start it again, then turn it off.

The old man in walking by must have thought it was my first time driving a manual, haha. He looked at me like I was stupid. Oh well.

But yeah, I just let it stay on until I get out. It's kind of like a reminder to make sure you lock the doors.
      08-26-2008, 10:27 PM   #5
JimG328i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS250C or Solara Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillDork View Post
This is normal with Comfort Access, just push the start/stop button once more, or hold it for a longer period.
All will shut off and down.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I didn't know about holding the button longer. It's a second if that longer and the radio goes out! I really didn't like pressing the button twice. Pulling the door handle twice is awkward enough at first.

This website has been VERY valuable to me.
      08-27-2008, 03:49 AM   #6
KillDork
First Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: E90 MY '06 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCN83 View Post
Okay, just picked up a new e90...figured most everything out but this!

When music is playing and I park the car (turn off the ignition) music stays ON...indefinitely? i left the car unlocked an came back like 20 minutes later...radio was still on.

Can i change this setting? i don't like this "feature"...i don't like to lock my doors all the time.
It will eventually shut down, I waited for someone outside the car, they took their time with their luggage and so on, and suddenly the car shut down, after maybe 30 minutes.
Aluminium trim|black Dakota leather|Xenon|Comfort Access|Sports seats|Steptronic|iDrive Professional|Bluetooth|Voice|PDC front & rear|sun shade rear window & sides|auto dim outside & inside mirrors|Comfort|Dynamic|Advantage
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 06:44 AM   #7
Sh0cker
n00b
Rep
Drives: 335i

I park my car in my garage so I leave the doors unlocked...I like being able to hold the button for ~1-2 secs or so and everything shuts down.

At first I would hold the button until everything turned off but I found that you only have to hold it a moment (just longer than the normal "turn-off poke") and it works.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 08:15 AM   #8
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
I park my car in my garage so I leave the doors unlocked...I like being able to hold the button for ~1-2 secs or so and everything shuts down.

At first I would hold the button until everything turned off but I found that you only have to hold it a moment (just longer than the normal "turn-off poke") and it works.
wow, 2nd new thing I learned today....I usually just either a) double tap the start/stop button to turn everything off...or b) just turn the car off and touch the handle (with CA) to turn everything off and lock the car...
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 08:01 PM   #9
JimG328i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS250C or Solara Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
wow, 2nd new thing I learned today....I usually just either a) double tap the start/stop button to turn everything off...or b) just turn the car off and touch the handle (with CA) to turn everything off and lock the car...
That's what I was doing the first few days until I read that post.