BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

07-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
batchelorc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deez nuts

Clunking sound when coming to a stop

I swear I've seen this question before, but can't find it. I've got a DCT tranny and when I break, right before I come to a stop, I hear a clunk sound like the tranny is sliding forward about an inch. It's only if I break somewhat aggressively. Wanted to double check here to see if it's normal before I bring it in for tha break in service tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2008, 12:21 AM   #2
chicagobimmerboy
First Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Un esotico Italiano ;)

could be loose on its mounts... dunno havent heard it yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #3
Zervos4
zervos4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3, 07 750i, 08 335i

Have the same exact problem...took mine to the dealership the other day and they printed out a page from BMW stating that it is normal, no repair work is necessary..i have the notice if you would like for me to post it..it basically says that the M models are highly tuned race machines and that the clunking is more profound in M sport...this is due to the precise tranny..etc etc...nothing can be done, the tech told me that I just have to live with it...hope this helps..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 06:55 AM   #4
batchelorc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deez nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zervos4 View Post
Have the same exact problem...took mine to the dealership the other day and they printed out a page from BMW stating that it is normal, no repair work is necessary..i have the notice if you would like for me to post it..it basically says that the M models are highly tuned race machines and that the clunking is more profound in M sport...this is due to the precise tranny..etc etc...nothing can be done, the tech told me that I just have to live with it...hope this helps..
Cool. It doesn't bother me. Just wanted to make sure it's normal. Thanks for the info
Appreciate 0