BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-22-2019, 06:19 AM   #1
akhter
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 911 992 C2S

Garage List
Some bugs in the car

1. Once the car starts moving I can't use the nav quick search function to enter text to search. Can't use the wheel or typing or the onscreen keyboard. It says no input when car is moving. Even if I stop at the light or part on the side with foot on brake or auto hold brake engaged. I have to put the car in park to reactivate. This is annoying.

2. The steering wheel guide lines are not accurate. In my last few bmws one thing I was sure of was if the camera showed me a line the car would never cross it. This one has a very tight turn radius and the pdc cam (the rear one) lines are not reliable. I have to adjust. I don't think it's been calibrated for the the g05 properly. The red light and beep are accurate but if the hold the steering angle per camera the car ends up somewhere crossing the line as if I'm turning the car more while moving back. This means I have to be extra careful compared to prior bmws. In fact it's so reliable inaccurate I will learn to adapt but wtf...
Sold E90 335i M Sport Alpine White|Tokyo
Sold E36 328i Jet Black|NYC
Appreciate 2
hk5er97.00
kleo12.00
      01-22-2019, 07:19 AM   #2
bjaumiller
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 50i, 2013 335i coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhter View Post
1. Once the car starts moving I can't use the nav quick search function to enter text to search. Can't use the wheel or typing or the onscreen keyboard. It says no input when car is moving. Even if I stop at the light or part on the side with foot on brake or auto hold brake engaged. I have to put the car in park to reactivate. This is annoying.

2. The steering wheel guide lines are not accurate. In my last few bmws one thing I was sure of was if the camera showed me a line the car would never cross it. This one has a very tight turn radius and the pdc cam (the rear one) lines are not reliable. I have to adjust. I don't think it's been calibrated for the the g05 properly. The red light and beep are accurate but if the hold the steering angle per camera the car ends up somewhere crossing the line as if I'm turning the car more while moving back. This means I have to be extra careful compared to prior bmws. In fact it's so reliable inaccurate I will learn to adapt but wtf...
Take a close look at the birds eye view. It may not be that the lines are wrong but that one of your cameras is misaligned.

This is my current problem. Driver side camera aimed cockeyed.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 04:51 PM   #3
akhter
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaumiller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhter View Post

Take a close look at the birds eye view. It may not be that the lines are wrong but that one of your cameras is misaligned.

This is my current problem. Driver side camera aimed cockeyed.
To be clear while I have surround view I mean the lines on the rear camera view.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 10:17 PM   #4
tqbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 550

No 1 is not a "bug" it's by design and I believe required in the US.

No 2 also not a bug. At least not on mine. The lines work great.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 01:25 AM   #5
2019x5User
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bwm x5

Try "hey BMW" for looking up destination, which works pretty well.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 10:21 AM   #6
kleo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqbmw View Post

I will do more test with my car and report back, but I wonder if the guideline inaccuracy OP's experiencing is related to Integral Active Steering? Does your car have that feature?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 07:34 PM   #7
tqbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleo View Post
Quote:

I will do more test with my car and report back, but I wonder if the guideline inaccuracy OP's experiencing is related to Integral Active Steering? Does your car have that feature?
No it does not have integral active steering. Could be the case...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 08:06 AM   #8
akhter
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleo View Post
Quote:

No it does not have integral active steering. Could be the case...
Neither does mine. I tested it carefully today. The lines definite don't track correctly. The car turns sharper than the lines.
Appreciate 0