BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

07-23-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
SDYANKEE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335

Chemical Guys products

Hey guys, I am about to become a distributor for Chemical Guys care care products, of which I'm sure you're all familiar with. If you're not, they make some awesome stuff that I can personally attest to being the best I have used. Being a member of the BMW community, I thought I'd share this with you guys and guage if there are any E90/M3post members interested in doing some group buys of Chemical Guys products. If you're interested, post up some things you'd like to see as a group buy and I'll make sure to order accordingly for my fellow BMW fans.

Chemical Guys Take a look around the site and let me know!

I'm located in San Diego for those interested in local pickup to avoid the fun of waiting for your products to arrive.

-Brian
      07-23-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

One thing I thought would have been useful is a "new car detailers kit". Basically you can buy it and it comes w/ everything you need for your new car. Word is getting around not to let the dealer prep your new car because they introduce so many swirls. Maybe a package like:

- 2 wash buckets
- 2 grit guards
- citrus wash
- 2 to 3 wash mitts
- 2 to 3 waffle weave drying cloths
- alcohol mixture to wipe down (not CG, but you guys can get that)
- 1 clay bar (light)
- QSD for the clay job
- jetseal 109
- cg leather cleaner
- cg leather conditioner
- maybe a can of fade2black or something for the interior (a new car doesn't really need this though ... maybe make it optional)

I would have loved that package when I got my M. It wouldn't be too cheap, but the car was amazing after the weekend detail job.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
SDYANKEE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCTFTW View Post
One thing I thought would have been useful is a "new car detailers kit". Basically you can buy it and it comes w/ everything you need for your new car. Word is getting around not to let the dealer prep your new car because they introduce so many swirls. Maybe a package like:

- 2 wash buckets
- 2 grit guards
- citrus wash
- 2 to 3 wash mitts
- 2 to 3 waffle weave drying cloths
- alcohol mixture to wipe down (not CG, but you guys can get that)
- 1 clay bar (light)
- QSD for the clay job
- jetseal 109
- cg leather cleaner
- cg leather conditioner
- maybe a can of fade2black or something for the interior (a new car doesn't really need this though ... maybe make it optional)

I would have loved that package when I got my M. It wouldn't be too cheap, but the car was amazing after the weekend detail job.
I think that's a great idea. Definitely something I'll look into if there's some interest in the idea. I've personally detailed my car every time it's been washed except once, when apparently the "DO NOT WASH" in the computer folio for my car meant "WASH AND DRY WITH SANDPAPER!"

On the price, I'd have to have my products all in stock and such to gauge the prices for such a package, but I can assure you that the price I can offer will be less than other places. Quality products should be available to anyone and everyone that wants them, and I'll try to reflect that in the everyday prices of the products I sell. For the BMW folks, I'll be sure to create some handy coupons and such to make it a little sweeter