E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > P0160 code......What are the possible causes and fixes

08-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

P0160 code......What are the possible causes and fixes

Ok, so I just had the V3 installed, before the V3 I had uninstalled the Xede. Everything was fine pre V3 while with Xede. I also have RR catless DPs w/ O2 SIM.

After installing V3, turned on the car and engine wasn't idling right, so I rechecked everything connection and found that one of the pins were crooked and went into the other pin's hole (I know that sounds kinda perverted, but I don't know how else to describe it).

Fixed that and the start-up went fine, but the 'service engine soon' light stayed on but I figured it was from the mis-insertion of the pins before. And all I had to do was clear the code and should be good to go.......

Well, that wasn't the case, went to Knecht's and had them read and clear the code, ran fine for a bout 10 miles and the 'service engine soon' light came back.

Went back and had to code read again, this time I wrote down the code and had them clear it again.

Apparently, P0160 is what's causing the light to come on, and the code should be for the O2 sensor for bank 2. More specifically, it said that the O2 sensor is not active or not being detected.............

Has anyone come across this before? If so, any advice in the fix?

Thanks

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

P0160 O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 2 Sensor 2)

Check the Sim connections. Sounds like something got pulled loose when installing V3.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #3
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
P0160 O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 2 Sensor 2)

Check the Sim connections. Sounds like something got pulled loose when installing V3.
Ok, I'll double check the O2 SIM connection......Although I highly doubt it that the connection might be loose......I used heat shrink tubing for the connection.

If that checks out, then are there any other possibilities?

Thanks

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0