BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum CarPlay question

05-26-2019, 07:06 PM   #1
slip10
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i X Drive M Sport

CarPlay question

Since I set up CarPlay, the idrive screen always starts up in google Maps, no matter what the last screen I had on when I shut down the car. Does any one know how to change the default?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 01:47 PM   #2
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
My car always showed the iDrive maps when I first got in. Once CarPlay connects (if it connects, have issues with it sometimes not doing so), then it shows the default app selection screen.

If you're seeing this iDrive maps, then tilt up on the iDrive controller to select the main menu tiles editor. I change the maps (the big one on the left) to be my sport displays, top right is music, and bottom right is clock. Now I don't ever have to leave that menu when I get in as I see everything I want to. I also programmed my SiriusXM stations to the bottoms on the dash so I could just press them as needed.

If you can take video of what you're seeing, then I may be able to assist further.
Appreciate 0